EM1 Suspension issue

Slammed_am

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does anyone here know if all civic front suspension components are identical as far as ride height?

A friend had a run in with a curb and caused some suspension issues on his em1. The driver side front sits approximately 1" higher than the passenger front. Causing the car to not sit completely level.

Everything was supposed to have been replaced with OEM parts. After some inspection, I noticed the dr. side strut fork, has significantly more rust than the passenger side (pass. side was spray bombed black when he swapped out wheels to "clean" things up before his accident). This is leading me to believe that it was one of the components replaced after his accident.

Parts 11/12 in this image

OEM SI Front fork PN: 51821-S04-000

EX: 51821-S01-000
HX: 51821-S01-000
DX: 51821-S01-000

Obviously they are similar, but not identical. Were EM1's lower than other model civics? Could this be what is causing the height issue we're experiencing? Next chance I get, I'll take measurements of both forks with a tape measure I suppose.

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I do believe that the EM1 got "sport tunned suspension" or something like that. It was stiffer and was also lower than the other civics. About .5" I think. Maybe a fulll inch.
I'm not 100% though, can anyone confirm?

Oh, I just remembered that there is a thread stating the differences between an EX and the SI, maybe there is some info in that thread.

wazup_74

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I do believe that the EM1 got "sport tunned suspension" or something like that. It was stiffer and was also lower than the other civics. About .5" I think. Maybe a fulll inch.
I'm not 100% though, can anyone confirm?

Oh, I just remembered that there is a thread stating the differences between an EX and the SI, maybe there is some info in that thread.

Slammed_am

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
After checking the car out again, everything appears to be as it should, but for some reason there is more wheel gap on the driver side front than on the pass front. Not sure if the forks like I suspected before, are even interchangable on the lower control arms since the lower control arms are Si Specific soidk if an EX strut fork would be even able to bolt up. Oh well. open to more ideas... also dug up some old photos of the car it appears to have had the same amount of wheel gap on the dr. side both before and after its accident mentioned in my original post.