EM1_Si ... Club Civic NooB

EM1_Si

Tuckin' wires and tires
Got a few moar things done so I figured I'd throw'em up...

Officially got the engine harness put in and all hooked up (no pics cuz it's hiding =) )

Tucked the throttle cable in between the 1st and 2nd intake runners and got the fuel rail nice and polished...

Cleaned up the power steering reservoir bracket and painted it...

Polished the VTAK solenoid. That's right, I polished it too...

Relocated the coolant overflow tank...

I was getting ready to install the header when I realized that dang, these header bolts iz nasty...

So I polished them too (and may I suggest to those of you thinking about polishing tiny parts like this, to just leave well enough alone, lol)...

Installed teh header...

Nice and shiny...

More updates soon...

96 EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow! Very nice! Glad to see someone is actually recognizing the small details.

EM1_Si

Tuckin' wires and tires
Wow! Very nice! Glad to see someone is actually recognizing the small details.
Thanks man! I appreciate that. I'm on a very tight budget right now with having another baby on the way so the small details like tucking, polishing, cleaning and painting are really my only options at this point haha. Wish I could afford "go fast" parts but, you do what you can do with what you have, ya know.

iBeast

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i really enjoy watching builds when someone does little things that make the whole car look great.

EM1_Si

Tuckin' wires and tires
i really enjoy watching builds when someone does little things that make the whole car look great.
Little things make the difference IMO. Thanks man

UPDATE:

Nothing too exciting to see here just a bunch of wiring and such...

Circuit City did an amazing job (joke) making sure they had all the wiring covered back up when they installed he alarm in the car and were even kind enough to leave most of the live bare wires exposed. I decided that I wasn't impressed with their work so I re-did it...

New alarm location. I feel sorry for the poor bastard that gets to sit in the car while trying to pull a jack move with this blaring in his ear...

Ran the positive battery wire through the car...

Organizing stuff...FML

I did other random crap as well but I get caught up and forget to take pics. wOOps

Fun, huh?

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice details, i love those polished parts. can you outline how you polish them in easy steps thx. also want to know if you polish using the dremmel...

EM1_Si

Tuckin' wires and tires
nice details, i love those polished parts. can you outline how you polish them in easy steps thx. also want to know if you polish using the dremmel...
Thanks man.

This is how I get all the shiny pieces under my hood. Others may polish differently but, this is what works for me...

Step 1

I get my cut off wheel and I replace it with a 4 inch polishing wheel...

Step 2

Get some grey scotch brites (fine grade, don't wanna scar up the aluminum) then scuff the all the corrosion off of the piece in mind until it looks like dull clean aluminum with some fine scratches....

Step 3

Then I use the polishing wheel and polishing agent on the piece I just scuffed up until it shines like new. I try to get a really good coat of the polish on the metal and then use the wheel till the metal is almost heating up (seems to shine up better when it gets kinda warm)

Step 4

Micro fiber clothes are your best friend for polishing anything so I use those to buff another lite coat on the metal and call it good...

Time, patience and elbow grease and you end up with shiny stuff like this...

Fuel Rail

Header bolts

VTAK Solenoid

Hope that helps. It's all about just doing it and seeing what works best for you tho

jeders

Guamster : ]
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
time for me to do some polishing lol

i had no idea the solenoid could get that shiny. damn

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
this is why i always wanted a 99-00 si! if they werent all salvaged i would have got one instead of the one i have

EM1_Si

Tuckin' wires and tires
this is why i always wanted a 99-00 si! if they werent all salvaged i would have got one instead of the one i have
Yea man, they ALL seem to be salvage titled. I lucked out with mine tho ;) Title is clean as a whistle

EM1_Si

Tuckin' wires and tires
Small Update

I've had this brand new e-brake assembly just laying around collecting dust for a couple of years now so I figured I'd finally put it on...

This is why...

Ah, much better...

I've also decided that I want to go for a more "used and abused" look on the car so I beat the crap outta my valve cover and painted it black...

Ummmmmm no, I didn't... ;)

I did however decide that the green VC just wasn't working for me so, I ditched the paint and decided I'm going to have it PC'd something a little less 'loud'...

I'll keep ya' guys posted as always with moar updates here shortly...

EM1_Si

Tuckin' wires and tires
Another small update

Got all the climate control boxes put back in and hooked up under the dash...

CDM airbag tray installed...

And the dash put back in...

MoJoe21

nice pics man whatever happened to the pics with the painted lips lol. i only ask casue i wanna get a rear lip but cant seem to find many good pics

EM1_Si

Tuckin' wires and tires
nice pics man whatever happened to the pics with the painted lips lol. i only ask casue i wanna get a rear lip but cant seem to find many good pics
Thanks man. I still don't have the rear lip painted as that was put on the back burner for the bay tuck. They will FOR SURE be painted sometime this month. It's an eBay rear lip tho and I didn't really have any fitment issues at all actually.

ohhh man. i think i see whats coming.
Nope not polishing it ;) It's gonna be powder coated candy blue

verry nice.well done allthe way around :D
Thank you sir!

MoJoe21

ebay huh is it like a si replica casue im not planning on getting oem either haha i was prolly gonna get a replica since its kinda an extra thing i want to put on my car.

EM1_Si

Tuckin' wires and tires
ebay huh is it like a si replica casue im not planning on getting oem either haha i was prolly gonna get a replica since its kinda an extra thing i want to put on my car.
Yep it's an exact replica of the OEM optional rear lip that Honda came out with for the 99-00 Si except it doesn't cost $400 - $500

Believe me for the most part I am ANTI eGay for almost any non name brand part but I figured it was cheap and if it didn't fit right or I didn't like it I could sell it to some local random ricer kid but that wasn't the case.