EM1_Si ... Club Civic NooB

EM1_Si

Tuckin' wires and tires
Update:

Fuse box and wires hooked back up...

Wires for the fuse box that used to be in the engine bay ran to the battery...

Moar wires routed and relocated...

Steering column and wheel bolted back up...

Got the glove box ready for the fuse box that used to be in the bay...

Started with the battery stuff in the trunk...

I know it's nothing exciting by any means but it's just nice to finally start to see the thing finally take shape again lol

EM1_Si

Tuckin' wires and tires
Update:

Got the front end put on and all lined up (except for the bumper)...

(Don't worry the stickers are coming off the hood ;) )

Side skirts put back on...

Tucked :D

Also fixed some suspension stuff and played with some more wiring but no pictars of that stuff.

EM1_Si

Tuckin' wires and tires
Got a couple more things done today...

Cleaned up the FPR...

Finished the exterior...

jeders

Guamster : ]
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nope not polishing it ;) It's gonna be powder coated candy blue
haha, thats what i was thinking!!! lol (yea right)

love the new updates. did you have to buy a battery re-locator kit? i wanna move mine too.

mal2000si

5+ Year Member
i never knew that an engine bay on an em1 could be sooooo clean,

i think ima try to clean my em1 up a bit. =)

thanks for the inspiration man!

EM1_Si

Tuckin' wires and tires
UpDaTe:

Fuse box wires pulled into the glove box...

Fuse box hooked up...

Decided to give the paint on the car some WELL overdue attention and clay barred, buffed with compound, buffed with glaze/polish then hand carnauba waxed until I couldn't feel my right arm anymore :lol:

(the pics suck bad but the paint really is almost fap worthy now lol)

Started putting the interior back together and decided it was filthy disgusting so I cleaned every panel before it went back in the car including the carpet...

The last shot of chaos...

Ahhhh, much better...

So I suppose this faze in the sloooow build up of the car is coming to a close :headbang:

I have a few more things to button up with the suspension and then I Need to get the VC back from Moda Metals, get new P/S and Alt. belts and a new Optima battery which (fingers crossed) should all be in my possession and done this coming week. So stay tuned in the next few weeks for the final outcome of the now polished smurf turd...

00_Civic_Si

BrokenEM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
God damn I love all the pictures you are providing. I look forward to this thread weekly.

Keep it up, and keep the pics coming. :thumbs up

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well sir your car is sexy as Fawk! I love it! I love the bay tuck! So have you thought about using wireloom rather than just tape? Much cleaner if you ask me but then again what you have done is still sex! I love it and I am not subscribed! Can't wait to see more!!!!

I think next should be a s2000 steering wheel to set the interior off =)

EM1_Si

Tuckin' wires and tires
God damn I love all the pictures you are providing. I look forward to this thread weekly.

Keep it up, and keep the pics coming. :thumbs up
haha thanks a lot man! I'll def keep ya guys posted =)

Well sir your car is sexy as Fawk! I love it! I love the bay tuck! So have you thought about using wireloom rather than just tape? Much cleaner if you ask me but then again what you have done is still sex! I love it and I am not subscribed! Can't wait to see more!!!!

I think next should be a s2000 steering wheel to set the interior off =)
Thanks man I appreciate that!

I actually used a TON of wire loom as you can see when I ran the harnesses on the outside of the frame on both sides, the power cable from the battery to the starter, as well as lots of little odds and ends here and there, then I used electrical tape to seal them up. The only places I really used just tape was on the driver side floor where all the interior wiring is and with the back side of the engine harness that comes through the firewall. They're completely covered by carpet and panels and not exposed to the elements so I figured electrical tape would work.

As for the steering wheel. That is definitely next on the list of stuff to buy because the ugly a$$ OEM one just isn't doing it for me anymore lol.

I plan on getting this wheel here...
http://www.kitoautosport.com/store/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=180&zenid=317s233b37n6tkujcv3n184ml0

EM1_Si

Tuckin' wires and tires
Small UpDaTe:

Freshly powder coated VC in wrinkle blue...

It's not on the car yet but should be this coming weekend =)

EM1_Si

Tuckin' wires and tires
Here are a few updated pics of the bay...

Stuff I still need to do:
get a manual steering rack to get rid of power steering, replace clutch reservoir and master cylinder with one from an S2K, polish more nuts & bolts, replacing clutch line w/ tucked steel braided line, remove all oem fuel stuffs and replace with tucked steel braided lines and inline filter, Black Works aluminum race radiator w/ slim fan and more little details as I come across them.

Just need some skrilla and teh skrilla I do not haz so this will be a very long term project to say the least...

Stay tooned