endo617's 98 Civic LX Project: Balance

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
I can keep a secret :cool:
Lol i have to do a test spray to see if its official enough

First time extracting a stud was a positive experience.

Replacement head 2.0 because the first one was junk is finished and ready to install this weekend. Wish me luck, I need this oil consumption and smoking to finally go away.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
A little nervous about the head transplant tomorrow because I'm not sure if that's the issue or rings. But these are some signs I feel are clear enough to say the head and gasket/seals are ruined and not the piston rings.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Head all done, ran into some trouble with the cam caps pinching the camshaft where it wouldn't rotate but lucky I had an extra set. Cars running no smoke and is nice so far. Next up alignment.

Greddy Timing belt mmmmh.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Pulled the trigger on some Moog UCA Ball Joints, they have a +/-1 camber adjustment and 1 year warranty. Haven't seen any reviews but Moog has a decent name when it comes to replacement parts.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Here they are, just got delivered. My first impression is that they look sturdy and durable. The boots seem like they are going to hold up.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Awesome fit, I like them, but the true test is coming soon, they are getting AutoX on the 28th

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
So finally installed my balljoints. Went to Fastenal and got some taller grade 8 nuts to protect the threads from bottom outs.

Fits nice on the lip of the OEM UCA

The nut gets torque to 140 lb.ft. after desired camber/caster is selected

Adjustments are easy.

All done, alignment tomorrow.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Replaced my front bumper. Added a new grill and save the old lip. Shes ugly but funtional.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Saw your car at the MT Race Wars event... I only came by for a little bit. Brought the hatch out for some fresh air. =)

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Dont mind the rear toe its frozen. But the Camber helped a lot Sunday at Autocross. All Ihad to flick the wheel through the slaloms.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I did photo coverage for the event. It was a nic event, but Autocross is still more fun to do and watch.
Part of the reason why I was there for a short amount of time. It's really not that interesting to watch. Autocross IS always cool to see.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Part of the reason why I was there for a short amount of time. It's really not that interesting to watch. Autocross IS always cool to see.
Yes sir and track racing.

Update:
Got Code 9 CEL for CYP, screw came loose and broke it.

CL deal for $40 only missing the ignitors. Took them apart and replaced the guts in my Vtec housing. Plus side now I have an extra distributor for the B20 swap coming up because the GSR has bad oil rings.

Here's some pics and a diagram I made.

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Before the swap to the B20B back up motor, I did some inspecting since it has been run in like 5 years. Engine crank spins easy by hand, and spark plugs look great.

Warranty swapped my Bosch spark plug wires at AutoZone and got a new Felpro intake manifold gasket.

Figured I keep it a theme going and painted the valve cover to much up.

Last edited:

endo617

Respected
Registered VIP
Bought a new tensional, some wheel bearing rings for my rebuild, custom B20 base map, and cheap grommet replacements. They only hold the outer valve cover areas.