energy bushing kit

FreeOfThoughts

The joy of driving
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just put a thread up in 6th gen, but hope that i get some good answers here,

i have been wanting to replace my old worn control arm bushings and the energy bushing kit is the only complete kit i can find. Anybody have experience with these, and are they good replacements? Heard some people say you need a shop press, is that just for your springs or do the bushings need to be compressed somehow to fit right in the tie rods, control arms etc.?
Thanks for the advice

Dannyloski

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Energy Suspension Bushings FTW. Get them, it will tighten up your suspension and you'll notice a lot of difference in handling (for the better).

You do need a Shop Press to get them installed, as the old bushings need to be pressed out and new ones pressed in.

FreeOfThoughts

The joy of driving
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks bro planning on it soon, i love me a good suspension. just gotta find a buddy with a press.

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
for the fronts? i have a energy suspension kit for the front...upper control arms and lower control arms

ekracer_83

hardcore rice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
grave digger, better to start a new thread. i'm looking for a new ball joint bushing but i want to replace the lower bushing on the front of the car. I'm not too sure what set to get cause i just want to replace the lower ball joints and the tie rods. can someone help and give me a specific energy suspension part number. i've seen alot of ES bushings for the front but not sure what goes where.

heres' a picture of the idea i want to replace the bushings on my civic.

civic0918

Registered VIP
i need to get some also how much would a install be for the complete kit anyone know?

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You can feel the difference once you have them installed!

civic0918

Registered VIP
mine are getting installed 2moro. 377 installed for the poly grafite master complete kit. i will let you know the results asap.

civic0918

Registered VIP
Ok guys just got them done today. The install took all day long. Althought it handels a million times better and no more squeaks at all. i never been happier. $377 installed for the master kit at next level racing in central pa. So if your from pa these guys are the s**t. Very nice do great work and affordable labor.

makindue84

Just put a thread up in 6th gen, but hope that i get some good answers here,

i have been wanting to replace my old worn control arm bushings and the energy suspension parts bushing kit is the only complete kit i can find. Anybody have experience with these, and are they good replacements? Heard some people say you need a shop press, is that just for your springs or do the bushings need to be compressed somehow to fit right in the tie rods, control arms etc.?
Thanks for the advice
I encountered some of that. I think for me they were good. Until now I am using the same bushing kit. :D