Engine bay cleaner??

Heyits750

Top Noobie
5+ Year Member
ok so i always just took my pressure washer and gave my engine bay a good wash then took silicon spray and gave everything a nice dressing.... Anyone have a better way or another spray?!?! :suprise:

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
soak the engine bay in simple green for a lil while then spray the hell out of it then dried it with a leaf blower.

SilverEXCoupe

Registered lUser
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I use Purple Power (similar to Castroll Clean but cheaper) spray, and then rinse off with a regular hose. Then I use a microfiber cloth to clean the horizontal surfaces I can reach. It really helps it look better, but I really just want it to be cleaner in case I have to work on it. I heard that a pressure washer was a no no underr the hood. Forces water in places it shouldn't go.

civicturbo91

professional bitchslapper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
black magic engine bay cleaner worked really good. but if you have a diy painted vc then tape it off or something because it left little spots on mine but it really worked good.

elmmx5

5+ Year Member
I dislike the greasy look and feel of silicone spray. In my opinion, the best engine detailing product out there is CD2 Engine Detailer. It does a fantastic job of making things look new again without the greasy silicone look. Here's a link to a nice write-up a friend of mine did on using it.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=278999

Civic_99

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i use kerosene and let it soak for a good 5 mins. then hose it off, then spray the it with any tire shine, only the black bits.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SImple Green works well and it smells good. lulz

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've never used an engine cleaner, what should I NOT spray. or what should I cover before cleaning it other than the alternator
if you have an open filter, that an obvious one. i always cover my distributor as well. also if you dont have a fuse box cover, cover it. thats the main stuff.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Engine bays dont like pressure washers. They do a pretty good job but pretty risky. It stripped off the crinkle paint on my brothers VC and ripped a small hole in the open-element filter. It would whistle at times, really annoying.

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Engine bays dont like pressure washers. They do a pretty good job but pretty risky. It stripped off the crinkle paint on my brothers VC and ripped a small hole in the open-element filter. It would whistle at times, really annoying.
you really got to be careful with pressure washers. they can force water through small areas. i always just use a low pressure garden hose. a pressure washer could force water into your dizzy, or even into the spark plug tubes.