Engine Bog at half tank

gibz4

5+ Year Member
Can't seem to figure it out, my car starts to bog with a little less than half a tank. It feels like not enough fuel is getting to the engine. I've already replaced the fuel pump, and sending unit. My mechanic said it was a faulty gas gauge and recommened i change the instrument cluster thinking the tank was empty but reading half.. I don't think thats the problem since i filled up last night and only put in 7.2 gallons of fuel till it spilled out. so there was at least 4 gallons of gas in the tank. I drove it this morning with the tank full and no issues of bogging. Anyone have any ideas?

RonJ

Banned
Is the filter attached to the fuel pump possibly loose?

gibz4

5+ Year Member
Not sure bout the filter on the fuel pump.. my Honda Mechanic used a new stock fuel pump. I'll have him look at it again this weekend. It's just odd that it will only bog down when the tank reaches less than half with at least 4 gallons to go.

gibz4

5+ Year Member
ya it sounds like your line is clogged...might need a new filter
I'll also try the new filter route but i can't understand why it's not a problem when the tank is full, only happens when it's less than half. As far as the loose filter screen, wonder if it matters if it's a new pump and screen.