Engine Cleanup/ Wire Concealment

moneyhonda

Money Is Power!!!
5+ Year Member
Here is some questions regarding cleaning up the engine compartment. Whenever I had bought this car there was a turbo and cold air intake was already installed. I wanna know how can i determine what stage of turbo this greddy is. Also u should see a s**t load of wires on the right what the hell is up with that and what yall recommend. Also is there a type of compound that is recommended for cleaning up the engine to make it look good again?

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn and i thought my bay was a mess, as for the stages of greddy there is only 1 and thas bolt on, go to the parts store and grab some wireloom and start putting the wires in there, it should clean it up alot, just a lil time consuming

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn, that is a mess. Buy a lot of different sized loom and set aside a day to do it. You'll be a lot happier once it's done.

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
simple green :D

moneyhonda

Money Is Power!!!
5+ Year Member
Blazed said:

so that is the best stuff to use? simple green? how about direct water to engine contact? any good for that? all those wires and stuff also!?

xdr3amx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow i have no idea why you have a bunch of wire ont he rigth side of the engine bay, first thing is firgure why you have those wires and what they do. i would then instead of running the system power wire across the engine bay to he gromet i woudl take out the battery and battery tray and run that wire in the plastic gromet there ont he left side. the gromet shoudl be easy to spot since your wire harness goes tru it to the ecu. as for cleanign the engine bay simple green or orange clean any degreaser. make sure to cover the dizzy and any plugs and dont' go to crazy with the water

iamcivic

zdnfhsz fhz
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whoever had this car before u had no idea what they were doing. The turbo is a 15g btw.

moneyhonda

Money Is Power!!!
5+ Year Member
Blazed said:

so that is the best stuff to use? simple green? how about direct water to engine contact? any good for that? all those wires and stuff also!?

moneyhonda

Money Is Power!!!
5+ Year Member
grommet? what the hell u talking about? i think he knew what he was doing just ran out of money...and time. I've got alot of plans for it though..so ur saying the turbo is a 15g is that good...i can tell you it runs damn good and also i can tell you it gets up and goes. can u tell me how the turbo puter works and if it is recommended. cause he had it disconnected.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
moneyhonda said:
IMO, you shouldn't use direct concentrate Simple Green. It'll eat the paint. I used some engine clean foam cleaner. Warm the engine for like 5 minutes. I covered the plugs and altenator with tin foil. (it covers better then plastic b/c you can mold it and it won't come off easy) Then went to town with the cleaner hitting everything at different angles. Let it sit for 8-10 minutes and rinse off with the hose. I used the mildest setting and moved around at all angles. After I was satitifed the cleaner was gone, I immediatly started the car. No issues. I let it run for 5-10 minutes to burn off any excess water and then hand dried the rest. Then went over the rubber parts with some armor all. Stand back and admire your work. BTW, it'll take you some time to do it right. Good luck.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thank god, I was just about to mention that Simple Green strips paint. ^^^ 96greencivic ^^^ is right.

Simple Green is a good de-greaser for parts that aren't painted though.

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont think thats a cold air intake! well kinda but its connected to ur intercooler which acts as a big filter/cooler

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
moneyhonda said:
can u tell me how the turbo puter works and if it is recommended. cause he had it disconnected.
i would def get that checked out by a performance shop that deals w/ our type of cars, if its not connected it may run damn good now but maybe not in about 5-10k miles

moneyhonda

Money Is Power!!!
5+ Year Member
simple green sounds like a plan....alright now I've got a question referance the exhaust.....is it typical when you got a straight pipe no cat w/magnaflow for it to be smoking heavely??

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
moneyhonda said:
simple green sounds like a plan....alright now I've got a question referance the exhaust.....is it typical when you got a straight pipe no cat w/magnaflow for it to be smoking heavely??
what color smoke??