Engine code for missing on #2 cylinder?

woodly1069

2000 Honda Civic 1.6L single cam, EX.

Hey fellas where would I start trying to track down a cylinder miss? I think when the car is cold I don't feel the miss as it is running richer this is an intermittant issue. Also, see that there is a transmission sensor code so is there a vacuum line that operates it? Thinking maybe vacuum leak. I have checked for oil in the distributor and don't see any. Kinda lost here, thanks for any advice.

CivilCivic05

Do a compression check on each cylinder to check for missing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcmIPm8M3Xw

As far as the vacuum leak goes, spray quick start around the suspected areas with the car on the chase that down. The engine will rev when you're at the site/source of the leak.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How are your spark plugs? I just pulled my gfs plugs in her dx with 130xxx and they were rusty on the bottom half of threads causing a misfire

woodly1069

Funny you mention the plugs as I pulled them this afternoon, all but number one had kinda loose carbon buildup or something just at the start of the threads towards the insulator. Didn't look like oil fouling as they were dry but strange to me at least. The insulators were kinda even tan color with a little red so i think the mixture is ok. I know some additives can burn a little red and the electrodes were clean. I cleaned them up and reinstalled. Hopefully after resetting the codes all will be well...thanks for all the thoughts!

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Can you give us more info, like the code numbers and what your exact symptoms are? From what you describe it looks like you have three problems.

woodly1069

Did a check last night after dark, no sparking or other strange sights under the hood so I will assume the wires are good, no? Codes were 302, 1399 I think. I think the tranny codes were some strange hiccup.

RonJ

Banned
Bottom line --> If the ignition parts I mentioned are old, replace them all and then go from there.

If the tranny codes reappear, post them.