Engine Code Help

sjc59

5+ Year Member
Hi guys i know your models will be badge differently in the us to the uk, but looking at getting a low level spec 1.6 coupe am i right in thinking that it is a d series? Is there a guide online anywhere?
Also i asked about ebay turbo kits before, just another quick question or 2 is internal work nesessary or will it run ok to start just bolted on? and lastly will it run turbo'd on standard ecu?

Cheers for the help guys

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea its a d series youre after. heres the specs page http://www.clubcivic.com/specs
you can bolt on a turbo on a stock engine but it needs to be tuned. i think the "safe" zone for boost on a stock d is like 7-10 psi (not sure how many bars that is), but im not a boost guy so im sure someone will chime in and correct me if im wrong

sjc59

5+ Year Member
Cheers for that mate just trying to gather up all the info before i start buying stuff.
And will the turbo kit run ok on standard ecu or will i need it chipped or a different one?

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
depends what ecu you have if it can be chipped. if it cant then yes you need a programmable system

SweetEBPSi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mugenkid18 said:
yea its a d series youre after. heres the specs page http://www.clubcivic.com/specs
you can bolt on a turbo on a stock engine but it needs to be tuned. i think the "safe" zone for boost on a stock d is like 7-10 psi (not sure how many bars that is), but im not a boost guy so im sure someone will chime in and correct me if im wrong

1 bar = 14.7 psi. So I assume 7.3 psi is about .5 Bar.

Zach-R

SOHC powa!!!
5+ Year Member
sjc59 said:
Cheers for that mate just trying to gather up all the info before i start buying stuff.
And will the turbo kit run ok on standard ecu or will i need it chipped or a different one?
absolutely NO ebay chips!! if you chip it you cant have it tuned. you need to tune it if you want to make real power, plus it will be so much safer. im building a turbo kit for my car and im definetley tuning it.:word:

sjc59

5+ Year Member
No i wont use an ebay chip i know there poo. What do you guys mean by tune it?