engine gone? you tell me

SoN Of Ek

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my dumbass went though some water today with my CAI, and well my car just shut off, so my bro helped me push my car abou a block away from my house, im not sure if my motor is blown most likely is, but i did check if there was water in my intake valve didnt see any, so im not sure what to do at this point? anyhelp would be great take care.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i'm going with your f**ked.

SoN Of Ek

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jspeczcturbo said:
i'm going with your f**ked.
good choice of words, but still doesnt help >=/

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
if you sucked up enough water to lock it how are we going to help fix it, we can't, only thing i can offer for you to do and no matter what i think your in bad shape, is to take the plugs out and crank that b***h over to shot the water outta the cylinders if it did get in there, but again i don't think nothing is going to help ya.

Neoburge

Sol man
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my advice is pull the plugs to see if you have any moisture down in your cylinders... and drain your oil to ..... to be completly safe ... drain the oil and pull the head. you must do this AS SOON AS possible.. you do NOT want your internals to rust.

btw did you just try to forj a river or what?

SoN Of Ek

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no just a simple street that was flooded, i looked inside my intake valves there not water, i just her a click when i try to start it, so it doesnt even turn over, should i still try to change my oil and stuff??

doug piston

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check fuses. you my have caused a short in the electrical system

x007den

New User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
did u check your battery and the terminals?

antivic

its all about VTEC!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
after i did my swap my car just clicked too...i had my grounds fucekd up...my car also clicked when the battery was dead...like doug said...its probably an electrical problem...check ur fuses check ur grounds and try to start it with a jump...let us know how it turns out...i'm hopeing for the best =]

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i did this to my car. just started it back up though about 10 minutes later and it started bogging out so i kept revving and it kept pumping white smoke out the exhaust, but getting better every time i gassed it. eventually all the while smoke blew out and my car wasn't bogging anymore and i just drove off....it's been fine since. don't push throttle when you go through a puddle.....glide!

SoN Of Ek

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i changed my sparked plugs it was a little moist plus i used a drainer tool to suck up the moister my battry seems dead and it click so it might just need a jump thanks for your help guys so far what you said was right!

SoN Of Ek

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats wierd... i try to jump start from my bro lex, and it still doesnt turn over, and it doesnt seem like there no power my radio and inside light go off including my headlights... any ideas?looks like im pulling a all nighter,should i get a new battry?

x007den

New User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
if the battery is dead u might need a new one. take it to a 24 hr autozone and have them check it out.

SoN Of Ek

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i just put in my new battery and the power back, now it just makes a same noise but doesnt even turn over, any ideas? and also when i tried to start my car this time i notice very little smoke coming from the negative battry terminal what the heck so for now i stoped doing anything untill i get more help from you guys or anyone else