Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
damn dude that s**t sucks, but atleast ya got a new battery.

Ravage70

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
check grounds and fuses
if all seems fine then u can pull ur head as a last resort to inspect the damage
if u know of someone mechanically inclined that can look at ur car that would be the best thing

SoN Of Ek

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok ok i got my car started but it might be bad news, it statred up but i heard like a banging noise at the sound of my pistons or something i think should change my oil so let me know what going down

Bobo_686

Shiny things amuse me
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u probably fried ur starter...if u just hear a click it could be the starter motor, or it oculd be the relay in the control circuit, check ur fuses

smoke from teh neg battery termianl means that there is an increased resistance in the line, check the ground from the chassis to the battery, take sandpaper and sand it down to bare metal, and reground with a new screw.

rollinj86

Hit the vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
U might have cracked ur block same thing happened to a friend of mine and 3 dayws later the car turned on but the pistons were hitting so his engine was gone.

SoN Of Ek

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok ijust statred the motor once agian, but now the noise is mostly gone, i see white smoke coming from my motor, what should i do change my oil? let it run for a few mintues? the computer is right next to the car so i can respond more quckly >=p

x007den

New User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just change the oil to get it off your mind. make sure to add some lucas.

SoN Of Ek

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my oil was brown, i think ive onoly seen that in oil with water in there could it be??im done putting the new oil in nowbe done in 8mins

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seems like the engine hydolocked on you. when your doing your oil changed.. flush it. since you change the spark plugs.. did you change the spark plug wires? when a car hydrolocks.. it ruins the spark plugs and the wires.. try to see if theres any water in your cylinders also..

SoN Of Ek

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok i have change my oil and added extra cleaners i still have a knocking sound, very little though i cant hear it when i drive but when its at a idle u can hear it so i dont know what to do now let me know if you can help thanks for everyone help so far you help so much >=p

SoN Of Ek

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
should i check my disrubtor, sry bad spelling or the just the cap i mean how some ppls say i might be miss firing or somthing??

stolle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whens the last time you got your valves adjusted?
i had smoke come from my battery terminals once too they were corroded i cleaned them and everything was fine it wouldnt crank every once in a while too before i cleaned them

SoN Of Ek

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my friend said somthing like that too to get my valves adjusted or somthing could my rocker arm off or somthing? is it safe to drive it to my local shop i live in pomona his shop is in the city of industry by nogales for you soul kali guys

SoN Of Ek

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does anyone know what the valve spacing is? .007 intake, and.009 exhaust for a d16y7?? is that right i tried to look for i in search couldnt find it this can really help!! anyone

aryohrling

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay, did the same to my car...take the intake off and dry out your throttle body and everything. pull your plugs, crank that b***h over to get water out...check your compression while you're at it...If you bent a valve, or rod you'll see it in compression. I also readjusted my valve tappets because I definately bent a valve in my first cylinder bank. What happens is the water doesn't combust just creates interior pressure in the cylinders. I have a lot of tapping...no money to pull the head and redo it right now...but the car still drives, just have barely any compression in the first cylinder and a LOT less power and torque.

SoN Of Ek

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
UPDATE:!! aryorling had it on the money! when i took it to my swap guy he told me that i had lost compression in my No.4 and it might be warped and i have to replace a couple things, BUT! I did get a hold of a motor! for a dam penny price so i have crunch the number together and be well worth it to get this motor that only has 20k miles on it! so to everyone with the help thanks!