Engine HELP ASAP PLEASE

FTVZimmy

5+ Year Member
Hey everyone I really need some help. Some of you may know that my EM1 had been stolen
A few weeks ago, it was recovered within 24 hours. Since then it hasn’t been running right,
Now when the engine heats up the motor jerks around in the bay area and sounds like its about to
die . Push on the gas pedal and nothing, also tried
Turning the throttle. Sounds like the intake isn’t taking in air. Turn the car off wait awhile starts
Up fine like nothing happen. Motor heats up and here we go again. And to top it off the last time
I tried starting the car and tested to see if it would happen again. White smoke came out of the
Air intake and it also sounded like a trunk horn, I turned the car off and started writing this….

Any ideas? I check the dizzy, spark plug and wires already

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
is it throwing an CEL's?

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Isn't iac = idle air control? I would check to make sure none of your sensors or missing around the throttle body. Also make sure you don't have any vacuum hose missing. That's what I would look at first.

FTVZimmy

5+ Year Member
yeah the motor runs fine cold but when it heats up it doesn't run at all. while its hot and you try to start it, its like theres no gas in it. wait awhile to cold off then it starts fine again. warms up it goes to hell... and now yes its smoking out the intake and the intake make a loud trunk horn sound when u push on the gas,

EkcivicJDMstyle

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
take your intake off and see if someone has stuffed something in it. maybe theres something blocking the air going in. :what:

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
distributor f**ked up?

FTVZimmy

5+ Year Member
this car starts up fine and runs great for the 1st 15 or so mins. = / i really dont have the money for this. i dont just want to buy parts i dont need and come to fine out it was something else. hard times hard times...

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sounds like your timing is f**ked have you checked and made sure the marks on the cam gears line up when the mark on the crank pulley and the mark on the timing belt cover are lined up?

Switchback CRX

5+ Year Member
If I were you (my GS-R was stolen and recovered several moths ago) I would check for the little things like hoses, leaks, plugs, wires, timing belt, and things of that nature. It sounds like something alittle more severe, it is fine when its cold, but when it heats up (metals expand) and then you have a rough running car, I would do a leak down test. It would tell you the most information about your engine.

FTVZimmy

5+ Year Member
i changed all the belts,the crank pulley and bolt, also the cover. timings dead on and the dizzy is up to specs. i went through all data and check all the sensors, hoses and wires. tested about everything on the motor. im going to school and UTI and 4 of the teachers i ask have no clue....

Switchback CRX

5+ Year Member
Leak down test, that's exactly what I would do, I would do it cold and then hot. I bet you have a head gasket, bent valve, or piston ring issue, or something along those lines. A friend of mine had a similar problem, but everything checked out, turns out that the smoke was coming from the valve cover and through the breather hose/PCV (i cant remember which) it was seeping into the intake. His car had a bad head gasket.

Unfortunately when people steal cars they drive the piss out of them and they could have done some real damage to your car. Sorry, I know that wasn't what you want to hear. :???:

FTVZimmy

5+ Year Member
engine still acting up. dizzy checks out good plugs spark plugs etc. but it is miss firing after about 20 mins of driving/warming up. timing is dead on ideals like its new drives great. just 20mins or so into it and then. problems
start to show. i ran the scanner to it before it happens and while it happens and the only code that comes up is
P0133- 02 bank 1 sensor circuit high volts. the ecu is fine. im getting so frustrated.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
o2 sensor. replace the second one.

newtron63h

5+ Year Member
yeah my guess is the thief did some kind of internal damage. im thinking something is definitely cracked, head gasket is blown, cracked head......something along those lines. yup cyl leakage test when cold, and again when its hot. thats my move.