Engine Ice

Cobl18

Registered VIP
Has anyone heard anything about Honda's running Engine Ice antifreeze/coolant? It's hella expensive and I thought i would ask before I went out and spent good money on it. I'll be running it in a 1998 Honda Civic Ex with a D16Y8. I have been having over heating problems and could not find anything wrong so I bought a Godspeed Radiator, a new 12'' 3000 CFM fan for it, Mishi transmission cooler with a 8'' cooling fan, and next im getting skunk 2 radiator hoses so I'll have all my bases covered. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why dont you figure out why its over heating before you start swaping stuff out

Cobl18

Registered VIP
i already checked my coolant level after it got hot it was fine. i drove 100 miles and checked the coolant level and it was the exact same level. I made sure that my cooling fan was turning on and working properly. I made sure that my head gasket was good by seeing if there was any white smoke in my exhaust and there wasn't, I even did am oil change to see if the oil was milky and it was fine. I went the extra mile and had my dad (a mechanic for 25 years) do a compression check on all cylinders to make sure that my head gasket was good and it passed with flying colors. I checked my water pump by letting my car cool down for 2 hours then starting it up and letting it idle until it got hot with the radiator cap off and I watched the water start moving as the thermostat opened. I replaced the thermostat with an OEM thermostat. I also checked for leaks by engine degreasing my whole car and then after it dried i applied baby powder to alll my coolant hoses where they connected to anything (the block the radiator the throttle body where the hoses go through the firewall to the heater core) I flushed my whole system thinking maybe some scale was built up in it with vinegar and distilled water and refilled with 50/50 antifreeze distilled water mix. I even double checked to see that my radiator didn't have a hole in it. I also checked the transmission fluid level to make sure i wasn't running low on tranny fluid because on rare occasions this can make your car overheat. It over heats after driving in traffic and I was just sitting at a red light for an extended period of time and it was downtown and was pretty hot outside. Needless to say i don't just replace parts on a whim i trouble shoot and find the problem, and if i cant find the problem i replace everything related to it and see if it fixes it. Is there anything I missed that you can suggest i do?

travelingtom

giggidy giggidy(.)(.)
if you really did all that and it still over heats, it could be a cylinder head temp sensor or something like it, if your car doesnt have one. i would give that a check.

Cobl18

Registered VIP
Ill give that a look at. thanks for the reply. Worse comes to worse now i have a super cooling system lol