Engine idle at 1500?

hondamaster719

Registered VIP
So I checked out a 00 civic ex with a b16 motor in it and it was idling high around 1500. Should I get it and if I grab it will it hurt it driving it like that? Thanks.

JeffBel

Registered VIP
So I checked out a 00 civic ex with a b16 motor in it and it was idling high around 1500. Should I get it and if I grab it will it hurt it driving it like that? Thanks.
1500 isn't bad, it should idle 1200-1500 cold and 700-1000 warm. You can always turn the idle adjustment screw

cboe97ek

you cant just go out there with a screwdriver and turn the idle adj screw. it will sound like it does change idle but the ecu willl just compensate for ur adj. there is a process to it. look it up.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Relearn idle can look in hanes manual or search for it online. Do not adjust anything until you try that first

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
IACV could need cleaning/replacement. Can also be low on coolant, can make it idle high if the FITV/IACV aren't getting submerged in coolant. Mine idled as high as 1800 rpm because of that. Of course, if it's leaking or eating coolant there could be a ton of things wrong with it.