engine oil

hciv1472

hi everyone, chris here.
2014 EX CVT COUPE

I have some engine oil questions.

1. was thinking about doing my own oil changes and I want to jack up the front of the car. the arrow pointing to the jack point is off center and appears to be pointing to a part of the cross member(frame) that is not the flat part but has like a lip on it that protrudes. what spot do I use? the lip part that is directly in the center or the flat part just to the right of that part.

2. was going to slide race ramps under the wheels after raising the front end and also put jack stands under jack points so with the race ramp blocks, jack stands and front jack placement I will be well protected. any comments about race ramps?

3. lastly, I was going to use penzoil platinum full syn 0w-20 with a Purolator filter as both are cheap at Walmart. should I use the Honda brand full syn oil and filter.

I know its a lot of questions so I thank you in advance

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

Jack the car up om the lip, or whatever the car manual says.

If you're using ramps, just get a good set of them and roll the car onto the ramps. That's what I do, with the car in gear, ebrake on, and just put bricks behind the rear wheels.

As for oil. I'd recommend whatever the manual says; they'll probably recommend Honda, but you could probably find a good quality oil for cheaper than Honda.. I'm not sure how expensive they are as I haven't gotten oil from Honda.