engine overheat

lee42

hey guys,

i got a 05 ex and its fine, but i've been getting a few troubles with it lately especially these last few weeks. I had cel light come on, maint req come on and over heating problems. i got rid of the two light that popped up with codes reading misfiring: spak plugs did the trick and deleted the req light. I have also changed the thermostat for it too. Also flushed the radiator and added new radiator fluid. After all said and done i get going and the thermostat jumps up but not so high this time. any ideas what it can also be?

with this heating problem goin on i noticed a slight burning smell. I kinda think its a bad head gasket but wouldn't know how to go from checking from good to bad. hoping i can get some feedbacks guys.

codeman76

Could be your water pump going out. Is your oil a milky brown color?

lee42

well let me get more into detail.

like i said a few weeks ago i drove my car into a huge dip i didn't see and soon after my maint light came on and i figured an oil cange would do the trick. a few days after i had to drive my car into a flood about knee deep and the cel came on soon after that. I scanned the code reader and shot out P0301: cylinder misfire.

well when i changed out the sparks plugs yesterday i noticed cylinder two was cranked tight ass hell on. when i got it off the plug was drenched with oil. I wouldnt know if it would have to do with anything the cooling but managed to get everything back on right.

Why i have the car on idle with the heater on and vented with the defrosters the gauge skyrockets. but when i blast the a/c it cools back down to normal.....a little unsual but can anyone give me a diagnosis on this?

Avant Uprising

GONE FISHIN
Registered VIP
well let me get more into detail.

like i said a few weeks ago i drove my car into a huge dip i didn't see and soon after my maint light came on and i figured an oil cange would do the trick. a few days after i had to drive my car into a flood about knee deep and the cel came on soon after that. I scanned the code reader and shot out P0301: cylinder misfire.

well when i changed out the sparks plugs yesterday i noticed cylinder two was cranked tight ass hell on. when i got it off the plug was drenched with oil. I wouldnt know if it would have to do with anything the cooling but managed to get everything back on right.

Why i have the car on idle with the heater on and vented with the defrosters the gauge skyrockets. but when i blast the a/c it cools back down to normal.....a little unsual but can anyone give me a diagnosis on this?
i bet your coolant temp sensor is bad. oil on the plugs is normal if the tube seals go bad. as for the a/c your secondary fan will kick on when a/c is used so that leads me to that your primary fan isnt working most likely cause of the sensor if not your fan is bad.

khmernese

I believe he already changes that. When your car idles or drive , does the temp.guage goes up and down? Like it will raise significantly and then drop back to normal temp?

lee42

well yes both fans kick on when a/c is turned on and temp is normal. but when heater is on it jumps up all the way. if i hit 40+ mph on street or freeway everything is fine and dandy.