engine prob need help plz

xXhonda noobXx

ok i own a honda civic 99-00 automatic(4speed) ek3 with a d15z4 engine that has 78000 km on it my friend own the same exact car with 97000km automatic (4speed) car but just in a different colour the thing is i jus recently added a short ram aem intake + headers + catback(fizogen) to my engine and his engine has only a non brand name short ram intake kk soo we raced to test the difference his take off and in the long run still beats me and his engine has no mods to it too im lik wtf jus bought 1500$ on these stuff my engine is in good condition soo i am suppose to atleast beat him in a race can anyone help me plz any suggestions?

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
There's no problem lol. Everything you bought will probably add about 10-15hp at the TOP END of the rpm band, since you have an automatic, chances are you aren't even getting there. Maybe he has better tires? Maybe his car weights less? Maybe his engine is in better condition? Who knows.

xXhonda noobXx

hey maybe yur right cuz i hav 17" rims with low profile tires and a wiked music (subs+2amps) system hmmm or could it be that i have a small battry that has 450 cranking amps btw his car has 15' with stock music system

khmaiboiremix

EM1 FNR CUSTOMS
yea it matters what is all in your car i mean you take all of the subs and heavy rims off then you might have a chance. you should see if you take all of that off and give it another try.

SRASC

5+ Year Member
Based on what was said, I'd say its combination of sorts that made the 78k EK3 loose to the 97k EK3. The weight of the subwoofer, Dynomat (if you have), the rims, the low profile tyres, etc. Believe me, a more open exhaust & headers does make a difference in terms of speed, even for an automatic.

SweetEBPSi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Also, every engine is not the same. Everything could be identical with 2 different cars, but one car could be faster. From the factory, every engine comes out within specs, yet one engine could be more perfect in timing/specs which could produce a slight edge over others. These engines are usually called freaks.