Engine problem

90JDMcivic

5+ Year Member
Yesterday my while driving downtown in my ed my engine went off...checked it out..found oil on one of my spark plugs, so i replaced it with a new one and @ the same time bought a grommet to replace the old one. So there i go driving home and i replaced the plug and grommet..now i thought i fixed it but it turns out that all the grommets need replacing, so i made another trip down honda and got a new head gasket kit(came with all grommets, gasketand new nuts etc.)..got all that put in and it still does the same thing..engine cut off jst off marine drive..im thinking this could be a fuel problem..if i cant figure this out myself ill be taken it to honda.

note..when engine cuts off it takes a while to get it started back up

shoemaker617

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
90JDMcivic said:
Yesterday my while driving downtown in my ed my engine went off...checked it out..found oil on one of my spark plugs, so i replaced it with a new one and @ the same time bought a grommet to replace the old one. So there i go driving home and i replaced the plug and grommet..now i thought i fixed it but it turns out that all the grommets need replacing, so i made another trip down honda and got a new head gasket kit(came with all grommets, gasketand new nuts etc.)..got all that put in and it still does the same thing..engine cut off jst off marine drive..im thinking this could be a fuel problem..if i cant figure this out myself ill be taken it to honda.

Probably have a bad coil pack in the distributer. Does the motor stutter at all?

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mmm thats happening to me. the coil that is. guess its a ritual for hondas of our age.

Mr.Luder

SSM EP3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
90JDMcivic said:

check ur timing