Engine Rebuild Kit: Good place to purchase?

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey, just looking to see if anyone knows or has delt with a store or site for purchasing a Engine Rebuild Kit. I have a 96 ex Coupe y8 is smoking good and has a good 200k miles on her, also have a b18c1 that needs a rebuild and also Head Hardware (bolts valve cover and cams etc). I did google search alot of ebay crap (not looking to go that route), but one place that kept coming up was japanengings.com they had kits for $400 range with pistons rods rings seals etc etc. Anyone knows any or could point me in the right direction would be great. Thanks in advance.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I tweaked your title so the "Engine Rebuild Kit" part shows complete in the "recent threads" section, which should get you more views. Its a good question that I'm pretty sure a few of our members will have good answers to provide.

dancam

Registered VIP
I cant help you with where to buy but ill pass on some advice from a guy who rebuilds engines for a living: get a good set of calipers and measure everything you get to make sure its right no matter where its from. He says most of his work is re-rebuilding rebuilt engines. He says he has good suppliers and sometimes will still send back 3 kits in a row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I tweaked your title so the "Engine Rebuild Kit" part shows complete in the "recent threads" section, which should get you more views. Its a good question that I'm pretty sure a few of our members will have good answers to provide.
Thanks for fixing that.