Engine Running Lean?

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a rebuilt Y8 that has maybe 5k miles. Ever since its been rebuilt, at idle it would have a really rough idle. It would idle at about 9-1k rpms and then it would drop to 4-500 and almost die. Then after a few seconds it would pick up and idle normal. I thought that i had adjusted the valves wrong so i double checked the timing and adjusted the valves again even though they were good already. When i adjusted the valves i pulled the plugs and they where white like they had been running lean for a while. What also leads me to think that it is running lean is that when i let off the gas to shift it makes a ping/knock type sound and also when i hold the gas pedal steady and im not accelerating or decelerating.

The car has I/H/E and also a walbro 255 and thats all that it has done to it. The fuel pump is new and has a new fuel filter. Accasionaly it will throw a CEL that says Misfire on bank 1.

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no its not..it has stock injectors aswell

b16lewis

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What in the hell does that have to do with it running lean?. If it was getting too much fuel it would be fouling poor the plugs. You are not getting enough fuel for the amount of air that the motor is using causing your plugs to be white and chalky looking.