Engine schematic for sensors on the head

carguychuy93

Hey guys im trying to find a schematic for the rear part of the engine on a 2000 civic DX. I know I have an oil leak from under the dizzy., it doesn't look like its coming from the head gasket. it looks like its coming from one of the what looks like 3 sensors under the dizzy that go into the head. Any special notes for removing the dizzy?(im a diesel mechanic so I never had to deal with one before)its a extremely slow leak like it doesn't start getting low till about 3,000 miles. and I didn't know if there is a faulty problem that occurs regualy. And I do know its coming from around there because I see the residue of oil. So a schematic or information regarding those sensors and the dizzy would be awesome thank you

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Distributor removal is easy on these Hondas. Remove the 3 bolts and slide it off. You'll probably need to unplug the spark plug wires from the cap to make it easier, so remember the order. It may be the distributor o-ring. You can pull up the parts diagrams on an online honda parts seller, like HondaPartsUnlimited.com.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
one is coolant temp sensor which controls the needle on your cluster and one is ect coolant temp sensor for the ecu to read