Engine Swap 02 EX

Onigumo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have been looking around a bit and it seems like the RSX swap is the only swap that can be done. Since the cost of the engine and parts is a bit cheaper is there any B series swap out there that can be done/?

B16, B18

I had a 2k Si and I am really not impressed with this 1.7 Sohc i mean i had to open the hood to make sure it was VTEC.

Any way I currently have a 2002 Civic EX cp any help would be great. Thanks/

civicvtec1ps

7thgencivic.com Mod
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Since you have 02 model, yes K series swap would be only option.

Onigumo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can anyone give me a turn key amount for the engine swap options it seems there is a few K series options I can go with.

Thanks Alot

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cores are going for about 5-6k from what little research my broke ass has done. But from what I understand a K20 swap involves quite a bit of mods. That's about the extent of my knowledge.

got_sake?

1.7 ltrs of fury!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
by the way....what did you expect out to a stock single slammer anyway? VTEC on a SOHC application in stock form has never snapped any necks, but you can make it fast. Keep the faith, and some such other sheeeit. Lata hommie.

4thengine

Acne Records Rep.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
got_sake? said:
cores are going for about 5-6k from what little research my broke ass has done. But from what I understand a K20 swap involves quite a bit of mods. That's about the extent of my knowledge.
That's actually around what a turnkey swap should go for, minus labor.

Go to http://www.hmotors.com or maybe it's http://www.hmotorsonline.com. I can't remember the exact URL, but it should be one of those 2.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I say forget a swap and just boost it.. it would be cheaper than a swap and still decently quick..

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that turbo kit doesnt look so reliable/worth it, plus you'd need to still buy hoses and clamps like the site said....

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Onigumo said:
I have been looking around a bit and it seems like the RSX swap is the only swap that can be done. Since the cost of the engine and parts is a bit cheaper is there any B series swap out there that can be done/?

B16, B18

I had a 2k Si and I am really not impressed with this 1.7 Sohc i mean i had to open the hood to make sure it was VTEC.

Any way I currently have a 2002 Civic EX cp any help would be great. Thanks/

what 2k si comes with 1.7 sohc?????¿¿¿????????

4thengine

Acne Records Rep.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazedout06 said:
what 2k si comes with 1.7 sohc?????¿¿¿????????
He HAD an Si. Now he has a different car, newer, but a lower model. He's trying to say he misses his Si cause the 1.7 in the lower model is weak compared to the B16A2.

k20whitevic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you really want a swap, get the A2. With I/RH/E/Hondata you'll be around 200whp. Sure, the cost is higher in the end, but you'll have many more options than a turbocharged D17. Check out this thread : http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141122 to learn more about the actual process of swapping into a 7thgen. I do not regret anything about my swaps, and would do them again!

jttegx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
best turbokit for the d17... SF hands down. only con is that their customer service is laggy and not so presentable.

possible swaps for the em2 (2001+ civic coupes)
-k20a2 (rsx-s)
-k20a3 (civic si 02+/base rsx)

never heard of anyone doing the k24 block but i read in a tuner mag that the k24 head flows much better than the k20's. swaps are way too exspensive imo, mostly for a K block since their pretty new. i would expect around the 5-7k range for a complete swap (assuming k20a2 that is). if you just want more kick out of the d17, i would invest into some boost since bolt-ons dont give us much juice. check out www.7thgencivic.com they have a turbo/swap forum their based on the 7thgen civic.

exmashin

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive seen the motor sell k20a(dc5 itr) sell for 4500, so prolly 5000-5500 for complete....my k20a is coming ins june...220bhp 200ft lb/tq mmmmm

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
4thengine said:
He HAD an Si. Now he has a different car, newer, but a lower model. He's trying to say he misses his Si cause the 1.7 in the lower model is weak compared to the B16A2.
:roll: oh ..k20..jdm