Engine Swap options: 00 HX

yosoydominic

Hey guys so I have my 2000 Civic HX with the d16y5 in it.
Engine and trans both have 224k my trans is solid but engine is dying its time to retire.
I'm having misfiring issues with my current engine and have replaced so much stuff and can't find it. Pinpointing down to bad engine internals which I have no time to fix as I work almost everyday and it's my daily.
My question is what engines can I swap in that will literally be plug and play with literally everything.
I work at a junkyard so I got engines available from 92 - 04 Civics.
On my current engine I have headers to full exhaust, and a coid air intake I'd like to bring with me on the swap.
Any help will be appreciated!
Like I said just plug and play no modifications (I have a build in mind but that's future when I collect all parts and funds)
Thank you!

Attachments

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cylinder misfire is usually something as simple as needing a new distributor cap & rotor. You.may just want to install a new engine but I would still suggest you consider clearly stating your symptoms and attempted fixes so far to see if you perhaps are missing something simple to get this engine purring again.

Otherwise, there are many engine swap options to consider. State what your desired goals are with it to narrow down the suggestions. Keep in mind tgat every potebtial option has been covered so searching is a helpful tool.

daperez13

Respected
If you currently have a D16Y5 in it, then that same model engine will be plug-and-play.

MotorMo

Respected
I think if you get a D16Y8 ( Civic EX), it should be close to a "drop in". Your harness is already wired for a knock sensor and vtec. You would also be able to keep your headers and intake that way. You would need the Civic EX ecu, but if you get the power train and ecu, make sure they are from a 99-00 civic model, as the 96-98 are different. Just my 2 cents.