Engine swap???

AlumnCIV

5+ Year Member
Ok i have a 99 civic LX my D16y7 just froze on me...i want to do a engine swap but i dont want to spend alot of money so i was thinking of getting a D15B Vtec..will this motor fit in my car and will i need to change my ECU???

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok i have a 99 civic LX my D16y7 just froze on me...i want to do a engine swap but i dont want to spend alot of money so i was thinking of getting a D15B Vtec..will this motor fit in my car and will i need to change my ECU???
not worth it at the end. Your going to end up putting a old motor onto a newer car..which means it wont pass inspection/emissions. I get a LS swap or b20 swap on there. No vtec but you get more power.

AlumnCIV

5+ Year Member
I Just dont want to spend a lot of money and i can get the engine for $600 with everthing i need...so i wont pass inspection/emissions??? why???

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I Just dont want to spend a lot of money and i can get the engine for $600 with everthing i need...so i wont pass inspection/emissions??? why???
first of all you live in California..its not carb legal to have a old motor onto a new model car. Meaning the motor is 95 your car is 99..it wont pass. You can get a legit LS swap for 1200 or less.