engine swap

tdub5015

can a B16B - Civic Type R 96+ engine go into my 00 honda civic lx. it is a automatic also. what upgrades would i have to make if any and is there any better engine upgrades i can do or diff engine i could use? thanks

ekracer_83

hardcore rice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes you can. you will need all the necessaries tools and parts for the swap.
or you can google how to swap engines

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
u will need engine, tranny, harness, ecu, mounts, axles, starter dizzy, alternator...

that is a great engine. very expensive though...

what are ur goals with the car? going from auto to manual is a bit of a task..

there will be some cutting involved. and u will need all the shift linkage and such for the shifter...

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yea I hear that going from auto to manual is a pain. You might be better off selling you car and buying a shell that was once manual to swap into. Not only will it be easier this way, but selling a driveable car and buying a shell will provide you with some funds for the engine.

02hondaEx

k20a
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats a nice swap : gl bro. i think if you did some research you will find auto to manual conversions

tdub5015

i dident want to go manual. this is my drive around car. i did the minime swap already but im not satisfied with it. i want something that gets good gas mph plus have the power to move when i want to. i drive around 150 miles a day in atlanta ga traffic and need the power. i just wanted to know if this type of engine was one that would fir my car and two the best i could do. i have about 4500 to spend on the total swap.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Go for a B18C1. Or better yet, boost your D. $4500 towards boosting and building, if you shop around, could easily get you a 400 whp D-series.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Or do an LS swap and turbo that with the money left over. That will also get you decent power. You have MANY options tdub's. However, Im not a B-series expert, but Im pretty sure that IF you can couple an auto tranny with a B-series, it wont be cheap. I think the only way it would be possible would be if an aftermarket company makes an automatic racing trans for the B-series. Can someone on here provide some insight to an automatic B-series?

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get a b20 auto and you will be more pleased. plus you will have more money left over

ekracer_83

hardcore rice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
save that money for a gsr or something. all the swappings and mods will add up more than 4500.