engine swap

risesriracha

I am new to these engine swaps, i have a 96 civic automatic . Im going towards a B18 engine, im want to know:

1) what type of automatic tranny?
2) any ecu,and harness changes?
3) will it fit with the old mounts ?

appreciate the help

Last edited:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome: If you want a B18 engine, you'll probably want a B18 transmission, though any B-series one will work.

You can use the same harness in there now, though you'll need to modify it. There's wiring to be done, moreso if you go with a Vtec engine, and especially if your motor now is not Vtec equipped. You'll need whatever ECU that corresponds to whatever B18 motor you get as well. Most motor mounts can be reused, though not all.

I've answered your questions in a limited matter, but as many many people have asked this in the past, the information is more that available. I suggest you research what motor you want (B18B, B18C, etc), and then continue to research the parts you need to make the swap complete.

daperez13

Respected
I know you're young and the craving for more hp is growing. But if you don't care about doing some research and learning a bit, then don't expect people to care about what you want. It's good to ask questions, we all have them, but to be lazy about it and ask people to do your homework is a bit naïve (I guess this would go hand-in-hand with my first sentence). I suggest clicking on the link Joe Mason provided you with and start reading. Ask yourself a few simple questions. What are your hp goals? Are you looking to go N/A of FI? What's your budget? Do you have resources available to complete the job? Above all, be a responsible driver.