Engine swap

c.vasquez1996

I have a 1996 Honda civic ex coupe with a d16y8 , I wanna do a b18 swap , what do I need for the swap besides the engine and transmission ?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONETOUCH P310A using Tapatalk

jackdog1

I have a 1996 Honda civic ex coupe with a d16y8 , I wanna do a b18 swap , what do I need for the swap besides the engine and transmission ?

A lot if by "engine" you just mean the block. Look on hmotorsonline.com, they have full changeovers (block, tranny, ecu, dizzy, alternator, even mounts and axles) and I've heard that they are very reputable.

c.vasquez1996

A lot if by "engine" you just mean the block. Look on hmotorsonline.com, they have full changeovers (block, tranny, ecu, dizzy, alternator, even mounts and axles) and I've heard that they are very reputable.
No I meant with all that on there , I'm asking like what wire harness or motor mounts to put on

c.vasquez1996

And I'm thinking about a b20b also but does it matter what year crv the b20 comes off of or will it be Harder the install when the engine is off a 99-2000 when my car is a 96

jackdog1

No I meant with all that on there , I'm asking like what wire harness or motor mounts to put on

depending on where you got it some have the wiring harness included. If they don't, that might mean that it doesn't come with the ecu either. You most likely need to get different CV axles too. I'm sure others on this forum could give you a more thorough list.

Good luck on your swap! (Someday I'll do a b18c type r swap into my 97 civic ex coupe too)

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You need to use our search function because every aspect of that swap has been covered to death. If you have already researched, then please explain so in reasonable detail so those who choose to reply can give you straight to the point answers.