Engine trouble

Dulce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys, I haven't really been on here too much lately but I have a question/ problem. My buddies have kind of answered it for me but i thought I would just ask on here to see what you guys think. Alright about a week and a half ago, my car sounded weird when I started it up. I then noticed my check engine light was on so I ran my tester and it threw a code saying a misfire in cylinder 3 was detected. Now it had only really done it that one day until last night when it did it again. I started it up and it sounded awkward again and then I saw a had a check engine light again and it ended up being throwing the same code again but twice this time. Now one of my buddied pointed this out to me. He realized it has really only done this when it is wet, raining, snowing outside. So he mentioned it is probably something electrical because of the moisture getting in somewhere and messing something up. So we are thinking it is probably a coilpack or a spark plug, something to that nature. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem before and if they did what was the cause. I just want some info before I go spending an ass load of money trying to fix this. Thanks guys.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
have you checked #3 spark plug? any burns, wetness, etc.. ???

Dulce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright will do, haven't really gotten to that point yet. Is it 1 2 3 4 or 4 3 2 1 if you are standing in front of the car looking at the engine?

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
from the front of the car its.

4 3 2 1

tunerkid7

5+ Year Member
i wwould starrt with the plug since theyre pretty cheap and it would be a liely candidate

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i wouldnt buy anything until i figure out what the problem is..