Engine wont start

kaison

I own a honda civic si (em1), and I am currently unable to start up my engine. Earlier today I replaced my short ram with a stock air filter that came off a b18c (jdm engine). In the process of replacing the filter, I removed a sparkplug wire from the distributor (because it was in the way). But anyways after the air intake was replaced, approximately 20 seconds after turning the engine on, it shuts down. I went to go check engine and realized I forgot to plug the spark plug wire back into the distributor... anyways I plugged it back in and tried to start the engine up again... but now the engine does not even start, it does crank though.

Please excuse my poor english/grammar skills, english is my second language.

-Thank you to anyone who is willing to assist me

p.s. Check engine light is now on and I used OBD reader and the code that it presented was P0113, which has to do with IAT, but would this really prevent the engine from starting?

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pull off your negative battery cable and let the car sit for 5 mins.

make sure your plugs are in the 3-4-2-1 order going clock wise on the distributor

re attach the battery cable, turn the ignition to stage 2 (let the fuel pump prime and see if the light is still on) if it's off , pump the gas a few times, give her a try.

also make sure your MAP, IAT and IACV are all plugged in all the way.

kaison

pull off your negative battery cable and let the car sit for 5 mins.

make sure your plugs are in the 3-4-2-1 order going clock wise on the distributor

re attach the battery cable, turn the ignition to stage 2 (let the fuel pump prime and see if the light is still on) if it's off , pump the gas a few times, give her a try.

also make sure your MAP, IAT and IACV are all plugged in all the way.
Will give this a try, but i have a question about 3-4-2-1 order going clockwise... would you start with 3 at the top?

barrett

Registered VIP
3 - top left
4 - top right
2 - bottom left
1 - bottom right

do the negative battery, also check to see if maybe your dizzy is now out 180 degrees..

kaison

Problem solved, turns out I fried my ignition coil... advice to others, DONT FORGET TO REPLUG YOUR WIRES