5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pretty cool man.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NP, I like the graf style i seen in certain areas. In total, how much time have you put into just the engraving?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont have facebook, but this is pretty neat. Too bad it has so many passwordjdm parts...

Engraved EG

NP, I like the graf style i seen in certain areas. In total, how much time have you put into just the engraving?
Thanks Hecz, Im over 5,000+ hours of hand engraving into the project at this point. Started the "Engraved EG" back in 2010. Thank you for the question.

Engraved EG

Next part is the Odyssey Battery Relocation Kit. This took me roughly 35+ hand engraving hours to complete.

Password JDM: Odyssey Battery Relocation Kit (BEFORE)

Password JDM: Odyssey Battery Relocation Kit (FULLY HAND ENGRAVED)

Engraved EG

Then I worked on the Dry Carbon Fiber PowerChamber Itake. This took me roughly 140+ hand engraving hours to fully engrave all the way around. This is just the first step for the carbon intake. Later on Im going to give it a wet sand and clear coat to give the intake a clean and subtle look.

Password JDM: Dry Carbon Fiber PowerChamber Intake (BEFORE)

Password JDM: Dry Carbon Fiber PowerChamber Intake (FULLY HAND ENGRAVED)

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks Hecz, Im over 5,000+ hours of hand engraving into the project at this point. Started the "Engraved EG" back in 2010. Thank you for the question.
damn ,so 5,000 more hours and you'll be a master craftsman, lol :thumbup:

Engraved EG

I think I have hand engraved enough parts for the "Engraved EG" project for the time being. Now its time to take the car to get the body work, wet sanding, paint, and clear taken car of. Then I can start working on some of the engravings on the body.

First, all of the body dents / creases / wrinkles were filled, pulled, and fixed. I sanded down some of those areas to make them flush with the rest of car.

Engraved EG

Next, I grabbed the Password JDM: JDM Spec Replacement Fenders and started to prep them so they are ready to get primered.

A very import part of the "Engraved EG" project is the primer coat. I chose to go with a white polyester primer. I wanted to use a primer that is bright enough so when Im engraving through the top layer (which will be black), the primer will be easy to see. Many layers of white primer were sprayed and I wet sanded after each primer layer.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you do great engraving work, and I understand and appreciate your vision. The valve cover, I believe, is the best looking part. The raw finish of the engraved areas contrast beautifully with the red wrinkle finish. Plus, the engraving isn't on every square inch of the cover, which really enhances the piece. I have a feeling, though, that with EVERYTHING given the engraving treatment, that valve cover will lose it's visual impact.
I wish you well on this, as it's certainly an ambitious and unique project.

Engraved EG

you do great engraving work, and I understand and appreciate your vision. The valve cover, I believe, is the best looking part. The raw finish of the engraved areas contrast beautifully with the red wrinkle finish. Plus, the engraving isn't on every square inch of the cover, which really enhances the piece. I have a feeling, though, that with EVERYTHING given the engraving treatment, that valve cover will lose it's visual impact.
I wish you well on this, as it's certainly an ambitious and unique project.
Thank you jameswanser. I appreciate all of your comments and kind words. I agree with you on the valve cover and its contrast with the wrinkle red finish and the engraved areas. That piece is one of my favorite engraved parts on the car. I dont feel the engraved ITR valve cover will lose its visual impact even with the entire car hand engraved. =)

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow. That is a ridiculous amount of attention to detail... I couldn't fathom the amount of patience you have.. Are you sure your not like monk or something? :lol: jk!

Engraved EG

Wow. That is a ridiculous amount of attention to detail... I couldn't fathom the amount of patience you have.. Are you sure your not like monk or something? :lol: jk!
Thanks for the comments 96romaCX. I guess it just takes a lot discipline and dedication to get to this point. A monk??? I could be an engraving monk. ;)

Engraved EG

Following the multiple white polyester primer coats, several layers of black paint were sprayed and then some clear.

Im keeping the factory hood and front bumper on for the moment. Mmmmm. The EG looking so shiny, but that wont last for long. :(

About a week later, after giving the paint some time to cure, I started wet sanding the paint once again to achieve the proper paint thickness needed to start engraving on the body.