EP3 Type r Steering wheel on a 00 ex???

DJSORTS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im wondering if the jdm steering wheel out of a ep3 is gonna fit on my 00 civic ex???My stock steering wheel has cruise control.if i install the new ep3 steering wheel im gonna be able to somehow use the cruise contol on the new steering wheel???

guitar_adam2000

Alcohol ab-User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i don't know for sure, but i doubt it would work. I looked into fitting an EP3 ctr steering wheel to my EK4 and it turns out it messes up all the airbag system, so i'd be suprised if it was a plug n play with the cruise control. I'm not even sure if the JDM EP3 has cruise control!? i know my friend's UK spec one doesn't

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i don't think it's going to work with the ep3 your best bet is just buy an aftermarket steering wheel man

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The USDM one fits so I'd imagine the CTR one does too.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
on the same note. do the 8th gen wheels fit on 6th gens...those are hot.

umair

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no they do not fit on 5th gens, the 8th gens are 5 lugs.

Solid_Snake

Te mato con mi VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think the JDM EP3 has a single stage air bag. If it is it will be plug and play
any honda steering wheel should fit as long as the air bag is a single stage as the 6th gen

DJSORTS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think that the jdm has a single stage airbag and the connectors are a little different but with a little triming they are gonna fit!!!What can i do with the cruise control though if i buy a jdm ep3 steering wheel???Any ideas???

dj_audio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It SHOULD FIT, and should wire up directly. I know the ep3 and the s2000 steering wheels are the same, i'm currently running a JDM AP1 S2000 steering wheel on my 6th gen civic, and it fit directly, plug and play. I know the S2000 and RSX airbags are the exact same, size and shape, so i'm almost positive the jdm ep3 airbags should be the same.

DJSORTS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What about the cruise control thing???There is any way to make it work?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
For a USDM 6th Gen Civic a JDM/EDM EP or ITR steering wheel (same thing) will fit and the airbag will work, a USDM Civic Si or RSX steering will fit but the airbag will not work. As far as the cruise control goes I imagine you would just use the steering wheel controls from a USDM Civic Si or RSX