Estimate at Maaco

civic96hb

USAF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i gotta quick question. I wetsanded the entire car at 320, should i go back over with 400 or 600, or is it good?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
WOah, you car is horrible..

I guess you were going for that madtyte 1999 beach waves look?? Thats pretty gay.

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^ i think he bought the car like that. dont be a d**k

civic96hb

USAF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i dropped it off at maaco today. should have it back before the weekend. lets all hope it looks good lol

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
silver is pretty easy to do. Can't wait to see how it comes out

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Make certain that the clear is shot separately. I've heard that Maaco just mixes the clear in with the basecoat. :what: Don't know how true that is though.
:lol:

i love hearing stuff like this about maaco
that's kinda like saying ford has a 4cyl engine... so all ford vehicles must come with the same 4cyl engine

maaco can do a $400 job with mixed in clear and less prep work, they can also do a $4,000 6 stage job with house of kolor paint that will win shows.

the only problem with maaco is the douchebag customers who pay $300 for a paint job, then bad mouth maaco because instead of their cheap paint job turning out like the $4,000 job, they only got what they paid for

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

that's kinda like saying ford has a 4cyl engine... so all ford vehicles must come with the same 4cyl engine

maaco can do a $400 job with mixed in clear and less prep work, they can also do a $4,000 6 stage job with house of kolor paint that will win shows.

the only problem with maaco is the douchebag customers who pay $300 for a paint job, then bad mouth maaco because instead of their cheap paint job turning out like the $4,000 job, they only got what they paid for
QFT

Well said.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Yeah, but from his original post, I got the impression that he was paying extra for the extra clear coat.

. I also got an extra clear coat for $100.
It would suck to pay extra for them to just dump an extra ounce or two in with the paint and just shoot the one coat.

civic96hb

USAF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The guy called me today and said it was ready. I dont know when ill be able to pick it up though.

civic96hb

USAF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well here they are guys.
I know everyone was looking forward to this! lol
[B]when I was sanding[/B]

AND FINALLY

I think it looks pretty damn good.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Much better, but I'd never take my car to Macco, really they are a joke and do shitty work. If you would have taken your car to a real high end body shop then all the s**t in you pics would have been painted off the car and it wouldn't be so grainy. But in your instance, I guess it was for the best since you said you were tight on funds. I have to be a scrutinizing bastard, it's my job at the body shop I work at...lol