Closed

• Total voters

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'm not? You can only tell it's a "home depot" piece because of the bar code sticker which is now gone. It does the EXACT thing as the spoon elbow, except it's not covered in kevlar and doesn't carry a $150 price tag. It eliminates the whole top resonator section of the intake, which makes the bay MUCH cleaner imo. I also didn't feel like spending $70 + on an OEM ITR intake, which immitates a similiar notion.

Plus, it's only temporary until I go ITB's.

jb0ne

Banned
Dude dont get all defensive; you stated yourself that you were imitating a spoon style intake now your saying an OEM ITR intake imitates a similar notion? like honda copied you? i duno just seemed like you were just waiting for someone to say something about it.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nah, I'm just saying that the ITR intake would do the same thing (remove the top resonator). This is a cheap alternative that looks like stock intake tubing imo.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This is a cheap alternative that looks like stock intake tubing imo.
:thumbup:

I can guarantee, if he went to a show, popped his bay, and someone who didn't know what a spoon intake elbow was, they'd still notice a cleaner intake or at least wouldn't give two shits about the home depot piece.

Honestly, I'd rather spend $2 than $125-$150 for a part that does the same exact thing. No ones gonna even see it.

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i see mine. i sleep with it every night.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Don't get me wrong, the spoon arm is a NICE piece, BUT when I'm going ITB's later on and I'm just trying to clean up the bay in the mean time, it's a good alternative imo. It's not like the whole intake is cheap home depot s**t, it's just one bend. Also, imo it looks as though it could EASILY be a factory Honda part for intake systems.

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i <3 my [previously sk8's] spoon arm

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay guys, question. Continuing with making the bay nice, should I do a battery tuck or a 3pt tower bar such as pwjdm / carbing / benen?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Okay guys, question. Continuing with making the bay nice, should I do a battery tuck or a 3pt tower bar such as pwjdm / carbing / benen?
Both.

This time, go with a black benen bar. Matches the bay. Chrome blings too much.

Paint your vc wrinkle black too.

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
battery relocation for the win. and do it so you have those two jumper attachment points where the battery used to be. ya know what i mean? like the studs that are on the firewall?

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
battery relocation for the win. and do it so you have those two jumper attachment points where the battery used to be. ya know what i mean? like the studs that are on the firewall?
^^that would be tight. As amej8 said, just do both,

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get the 3pt bar... cuz when you sell it, its mine. LOL
Ouch, that's messed up lol. Hey now, I only sell parts to get my car exactly how I want it.

Both.

This time, go with a black benen bar. Matches the bay. Chrome blings too much.

Paint your vc wrinkle black too.
^^that would be tight. As amej8 said, just do both,

Both?!?!? You guys act like i'm ballin' and have $800 to spend on a mugen wing ;)

Yes, that's the idea. I think I'm going to do the battery tuck. It will look like slick in the end imo.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Okay here's an update:

Mugen wing comes back TODAY from paint YAY!
I'm swapping the intake manifold / fuel injectors / and lastly the fuel line to AN fitting & braided
When I go to the swap the manifold, I'm going to wire tuck the bay hard.
Then it's battery tuck time.

In the mean time I'll be doing the s2000 bezel and a SUPRISE part :P

Oh and Scott, I put the factory airbox back - I was just f**king around.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Sounds good! Lets see some pics of work in progress =D

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member