Ever missed a shift?

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Isnt fuel cutoff 8300????? How the hell did u get it that high?

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ecu upgrades

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
daaamn... no, i haven't missed a shift. then again i dont do a whole lot of racing or spirited driving really anymore.

aemkitfox

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
Isnt fuel cutoff 8300????? How the hell did u get it that high?
thought i already said this, yea it stops at 8200, but if your VTECing 3rd and throw it in 2nd, the engine has to spin that fast no matter what fuel its not gettin

Drive4Fun

Stock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn , ive never seen someone get the rpms that high, ive overrevved a view times and i always freak out and pull off the road and turn the car off and apologize to it a buncha times. Highest ive gone is 8k while i was doing donuts, tires broke loose and the rpms just shot up, caught me by suprise. Everything still works tho, i think its the apologies that keeps her going =)

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
aemkitfox said:
thought i already said this, yea it stops at 8200, but if your VTECing 3rd and throw it in 2nd, the engine has to spin that fast no matter what fuel its not gettin
so you're saying the engine will run above the fuel cutoff because the engine is just going that fast?

that doesnt make any sense. fuel cuts and rev limiters stop the engine from gaining any more rpms when someone f**ks up. if there's no fuel.. the engine wont continue running, and it most definately wont continue to raise in rpms.

maybe im misunderstanding you... if i am, please... explain what you're sayin.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When I was racing a Chevy truck I went from 2nd to 5th:oops: Nothing quite like going from 7200 to 2000 rpm to lose a race.

But yes I missed it the other way too. Anyone who says they haven't hasn't really driven their car yet or is a liar.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Zak8022 said:
so you're saying the engine will run above the fuel cutoff because the engine is just going that fast?

that doesnt make any sense. fuel cuts and rev limiters stop the engine from gaining any more rpms when someone f**ks up. if there's no fuel.. the engine wont continue running, and it most definately wont continue to raise in rpms.

maybe im misunderstanding you... if i am, please... explain what you're sayin.
The momentum of the car will push the engine past that point. Without a "Jake Brake" or something you could cut air, spark, and ignition and keep an engine spinning provided you had a steep enough hill to run down or something pushing or pulling the car. Just cutting the fuel doesn't immediately effect momentum.

Team2000

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have hit 3rd Gear going for 5th and came around 8900RPM I would say... made me feel sick to my stomac but my car kept ripping along like nothing was wrong.