ever seen this happen before?

bmorei9s06

5+ Year Member
so we did a timing belt change on my buddies si. got the car running and took it around the block a couple of times and then all of a sudden we hear this clanking noise. were both like wtf?! so we make it back home start the car and i see the crankshaft pulley WOBBLING!! i scream turn it off and we are both like WTF?!? so we pull the crank pully bolt off which wasnt hard to do and i look at the woodruff key and come to see that it some how moved out of place and is now lodged in between the crankshaft pulley and the timing belt drive pulley. my question is. will the crankshaft pulley and timing belt drive from a d series work? i looked up the parts on hondapartsunlimited.com and the part numbers are pretty much the same..for instance...(si timing belt drive) 13621-P72-A01...(civic ex timing belt drive) 13621-P2F-A01. just trying to save some money and pick the parts up at a junk yard. thanks

Z3R)

5+ Year Member
umm NO.

nothing from a D-series is compatable with a B-series when it comes to block components.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn that suck op hope you figure how to get that fix/replaced

RonJ

Banned
Did you guys forget to properly torque the crank bolt? I hope the crankshaft itself was not damaged.

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wouldn't be suprised if it is. That is what happens when people don't pay attention/ rush/ or think they are a mechanic because it's a Honda. Not saying it's your fault, but just be careful. D series parts will not work. If i'm not mistaken it would be a little rough getting the mechanical timing correct.

Finnish~Racer

The ONLY Finnish-Canadian
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dude gl with this....i still wanna call epic fail, but i guess it can only apply to the key shifting outta place by a half an inch! holy geez!

mahalo

formerly egninesallday
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yep that sux hope you get it figured out mang

bmorei9s06

5+ Year Member
we didnt cheap out. we didnt rush either. we been working on this for 2 weeks now. during the weekends. we replaced head gasket too. but yea i hope we can fix this now..