*** Everybody's Random Photos *** Pt. thr33 (56k Beware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah, shooting this black car was a bit trying at first...

I think my shutter speed was 1/40...I should have put it on a tripod so that the sky would have come out a lot more. I had to shoot in JPEG because, my laptop doesn't have cs3, or anything that could read raw files. I took a couple in raw so that once i'm back home, i'll be able to edit them a bit more in lightroom and whatn0t.

I thought I should have brought in the left flash. I felt like I could have placed it bettter but didn't have enough time before it became too dark. We're going to do more shooting tomorrow so, i'm looking foward to that. Any tips, etc is highly welcomed....:hi:

TomTomTuning

PhotoG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Dont keep your lights in one spot...

Shoot
Check your camera
reposition lights as needed
Shot again
And so on.. Till you find that sweet spot.

If you are using 2 different make flashes, you might have to figure out what settings give you the same amount of light out put.

Like my friends Vivitar 2000 at full power is 1/8 power on my 580exII

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thanks tom..! I was using my vivitar 283 and Jeff's 430...we gotta figure out how to adjust his flash since mine isn't able to be adjusted much, if any.

Thanks for the tips tom, i really apprecaite it.

Just fooling around with my new 43" umbrella

ferio-moreno

PS Veteran
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ doin good bro! Black cars are really tough to shoot at night, but you've done alot better than I did, lol.

Best time to shoot dark cars would be right before sunset, no strobes needed =) Keep em coming :thumbs up

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just shooting to get some pics for a friend

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^ doin good bro! Black cars are really tough to shoot at night, but you've done alot better than I did, lol.

Best time to shoot dark cars would be right before sunset, no strobes needed =) Keep em coming :thumbs up
If i wasn't yapping so much on the phone with my mom... :oops: we would have gotten a chance to take a much more dramatic sky. I should have had both flashes higher up than what they were and a longer shutter speed to get the sky to come out more but, lessoned learned. We're hading out now to go and try some more stuff so, i can't wait to see how they come out.

Thanks for the tips man..! I keep on looking up to you..!

elisium

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If i wasn't yapping so much on the phone with my mom... :oops: we would have gotten a chance to take a much more dramatic sky. I should have had both flashes higher up than what they were and a longer shutter speed to get the sky to come out more but, lessoned learned. We're hading out now to go and try some more stuff so, i can't wait to see how they come out.

yea petey you can get a black car to come out but you need to get the lights right. when we use the vivitar with my 430 they arent off my to much. some times its a 1/4 but its all about the placement of the fashes.
heres a shot that my buddy took the other day. you just need to chip with screen and figure it out. one thing i have found use full is if you have your highlights enabled so you can see where it might be blown out and have your histogram on. oh and to adjust the 430 you hole the set button in the middle of the circle till it flashes on the screen then you just use directional buttons to turn it down or up.

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea petey you can get a black car to come out but you need to get the lights right. when we use the vivitar with my 430 they arent off my to much. some times its a 1/4 but its all about the placement of the fashes.
heres a shot that my buddy took the other day. you just need to chip with screen and figure it out. one thing i have found use full is if you have your highlights enabled so you can see where it might be blown out and have your histogram on. oh and to adjust the 430 you hole the set button in the middle of the circle till it flashes on the screen then you just use directional buttons to turn it down or up.

Are you guys using off camera flash? or softboxes?

ferio-moreno

PS Veteran
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

lol, thx and no prob man :cool:

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ where else do you post? (which forums?) i always enjoy your pics, gonna miss them....

ferio-moreno

PS Veteran
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^ where else do you post? (which forums?) i always enjoy your pics, gonna miss them....
lol, I post at accessphoto.com and photography-on-the.net, i'll post other stuff here, just no more photoshoots with the girls.

TomTomTuning

PhotoG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol, nvm guess i could have just looked at ur sig... lol

ppl are just dumb asses man dont let them get to you... Your work is amazing, ill be keeping an eye out for it on the other forums.

abs0Lut

Rockin' in the free world
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So we got our first PILE of snow today(thanksgiving) here in Canada. Took a couple rushed photos before we made our way to the cousins for the yearly feast,

Happy thanksgiving!

Status
Not open for further replies.