*** Everybody's Random Photos *** Pt. thr33 (56k Beware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

grape leaves Carter's Mt. VA....blueridge in the background

thisisoriginal

pete's cheese nugget
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LOL. you guys are a hoot.

I auto focused alot on my 35mm film slr...and I just never liked the feeling of my camera choosing my options... who knows, going to the camera shop tomorrow to ask them about my auto focus =)

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can't decide which one I like better:

And yeah, I look like a damn hobo. I'm wearing my grubbies because I just bathed my cats. *shudder*

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Coutts - the only thing bad about on camera flash, is that its direct on. If you could make some sort of ring flash, that'd be better than the onboard flash.
that doesnt have to be the case. you can get a bracket to move the flash away from the camera, you can bounce the flash and use a bounce card. you can also get a justin clip w. a sync cord so you position the flash anywhere you want as long as you can clip it. a tree branch, a chair, a post, something.

for a beginner i would def suggest a portable flash unit cause i doubt youll start shooting studio style. also this allows for greater flexibility. you cant really walk around with alienbees all day.

but coutts do your own research and figure out whats best for you.

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
alright thanks guys.

went downtown and shot with my friend today. today was sunny and there was a lot of direct sunlight so i played around with partial metering mode on my camera (pretty sure its the same as spot metering) and using my on board flash for a fill flash. its fun, i got some cool effects. I'll add the pics from today as i finish them but heres one i snapped of my friend, using my on board flash as a fill flash:

i think it did alright lol.

btw how do i use photoshops file > save as jpeg feature without losing color tone quality when i upload? i want to try to retain my exif data :shrug:

save for web works fine but i lose my exif data :???:
i swear it worked fine last week but all of a sudden its being picky lol.

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks ha.

my friend took that pic of me using his 50d. 15mp pictures are f**king huge to work with lol.

that was just my friend looking over some pics on his camera. there was some window light shining in so i just put it on partial metering mode and just metered off the bright spot on his face.

my friend working on his crx. its a built dohc zc and for now it'll be running off a big 16g out of an evo3.

my friends living room lol.

lol i think i'm doing alright now, day 4 of my own dslr, before this i had only shot with my friends 20d when i could borrow it. but i've technically been in photography for a year now (got my first point and shoot last christmas lol).

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the tip earlier Random,

I need to get out more

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
some great pics on the last few pages....photo crew reppin hard! :thumbs up

thisisoriginal

pete's cheese nugget
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol i think i'm doing alright now, day 4 of my own dslr, before this i had only shot with my friends 20d when i could borrow it. but i've technically been in photography for a year now (got my first point and shoot last christmas lol).
I started like that too...got a sony cyber shot last year..and then got a film SLR a month or so ago...then I almost settled for another point and shoot this christmas....Im glad I didn't =)

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn I wish I didnt have a life so I could spend more time using my camera. :(

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
coutts - not bad for using the on camera flash for fill.

Remember, shutter speed controls the ambient light, ISO and f/stop control the intensity of the flash - but also, f/stop can help control ambient light as well.

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah my friend had some really old ass external flash his mom gave him from her film slr days lol.

we don't know what we're doing with it, i played around with it last night and discovered that f/stop controls how bright it is, but i couldn't master it lol.

btw nice job on those pics petey :thumbs up:

wish i had a job so i could do more lighting stuff xD

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Also, It would not be a good idea to attach an old flash to your DSLR's hotshoe...the trigger voltages on some old flashes can be over 600v. Whereas the camera's hotshoe can only handle up to 6-12v or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.