*** Everybody's Random Photos *** Pt. thr33 (56k Beware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^^

hahahah alex those are amazing..!

Ferio!!! Dude, nice shot. Not sure if I asked you before, but what are you using for wireless triggers?

I bought my first AB800 today. Trying to figure out what things I should buy with it. I definitely need a new stand, one that'll support a large softbox/ocatabox. So, i'm undecided if I should go with a stand and a soft box or cybercyncs.....

abs0Lut

Rockin' in the free world
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you gotta chill out man... its just a stick on fire. :P

TomTomTuning

PhotoG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Petey haha whats with the crazy expression in all these new pics. Try something different. But they are all pretty neat!

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
haha, yeah, I gotta switch it up for sure. It's getting old quick. .

Today's shot

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Don't stop the crazy expressions, that shits hilarious man.

ferio-moreno

PS Veteran
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
by Genuine Rolla
^^^

hahahah alex those are amazing..!

Ferio!!! Dude, nice shot. Not sure if I asked you before, but what are you using for wireless triggers?

I bought my first AB800 today. Trying to figure out what things I should buy with it. I definitely need a new stand, one that'll support a large softbox/ocatabox. So, i'm undecided if I should go with a stand and a soft box or cybercyncs.....
thx man ;)

I'm using the older RFT triggers (very buggy p.o.s.). I hear the cybersyncs are nice but i might switch to pocket wizards since they're damn near universal.

I say get a trigger first before getting the softbox, because the only way your flashes are going to go off is if another flash goes off in the room.

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you guys ready for some MACRO? :lol:

trying to study for exams for tomorrow and look what i do, pickup my camera and start shooting :lol:

Anyway...
this is the side of my big toe (you really see the lack of depth of field using the reverse lens method):

lens cap:

my heel:

match head:

can't wait to pickup some extension tubes within the next few months (whenver i get a job, ha). should be able to do some sweet stuff then =)

heres a few more, these are my dog lol:

my dog Chester's paw:

Chesters nail:

Chester's hair lol:

he sure didn't like it when i tried to take a pic of his nose :lol:
he kept looking away and stuff haha.

TomTomTuning

PhotoG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Took some pictures for the kid that i sold my hatchback too. He just did a CTR swap...

Here is just a few, ill have more done soon.

He requested the faded hood shoot, i normally dont do does (not a big fan) actually this was my first time doing one. haha..

abs0Lut

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I found a NIKKOR AF-S 24-85MM F/3.5-4.5G lens for sale on a local classified site and I am pretty sure I am going to buy every single review I have read says it is an awesome lens for the money. I am also putting up my 55-200mm G lens for sale to get the 55-200mm VR lens. I feel VR is a necessity for what I want to do with a zoom lens, I want to be able to get great hand held pictures at zoomed in distances and I find this hard to do sometimes with my current piece. What do you guys think?

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how much is said 24-85mm costing you? remember VR only helps with still objects.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
VR is an odd duck. I took a pic of my interior with my 55-200 with VR on, and all the lights looked like they had motion blur. I turned it off, and it was crystal. I think VR only helped if you're actually handling it, and moves AGAINST you if it's tripod and still shot.

abs0Lut

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The 24-85 is going to cost me $200 Canadian and looking around it is the cheapest I can find it used here! Since I rarely ever shoot moving objects VR is what I want, I want to be able to get clean and clear shots of stuff zoomed in at 200mm without having to spike my ISO up and shutter speeds down.

Edit: The 24-85 has no VR option but this ok for me because I will use it mainly for car photos stuck to a tripod.

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The 24-85 is going to cost me $200 Canadian and looking around it is the cheapest I can find it used here! Since I rarely ever shoot moving objects VR is what I want, I want to be able to get clean and clear shots of stuff zoomed in at 200mm without having to spike my ISO up and shutter speeds down.

Edit: The 24-85 has no VR option but this ok for me because I will use it mainly for car photos stuck to a tripod.
are you sure its not the 24-85 2.8-4.0? that lens is nice and if i was going to switch to nikon was probably going to be my lens until i could afford the big boys.

ferio-moreno

PS Veteran
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
VR is an odd duck. I took a pic of my interior with my 55-200 with VR on, and all the lights looked like they had motion blur. I turned it off, and it was crystal. I think VR only helped if you're actually handling it, and moves AGAINST you if it's tripod and still shot.
yep, VR / IS are only for use without a tripod. Make sure its turned off if the camera is in a still position

Status
Not open for further replies.