*** Everybody's Random Photos *** Pt. thr33 (56k Beware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Second shot makes me want that wide angle so much more :(

06 - I lurv the Evo, torque is fun

08 - ISO-1600, handheld, sucks but whatever.

abs0Lut

Rockin' in the free world
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'll keep that in mind even though I haven't taken VR off since I got the camera, tripod or not. What does it actually do against you? Does it make your pictures softer of sorts? This would explain a little.

Back the 24-85mm... It is the older and discontinued lens, and its lowest F-Stop is 3.5-5.6! Look it up, you'll find lots of good reviews saying all the same thing on average: its an awesome lens but does have distortion at 24mm, it is more cheaply built than others but is fast, sharp and renders great color and contrast.

Ever since I bought my camera, I have wanted a wide angle lens. Seeing some awesome wide pictures of vehicles, the one that is stuck in my head is the front 3/4 of an yellow S2K in a wide open field with the most invigorating sky. I want to be able to achieve this effect and there is nothing around me except wide open fields! :p It will be perfect.

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
was looking back at some old pics today, this was shot on the 30th, just edited it today:

and the original (yuck!):

idk somedays i don't like pictures, but a week later i like it :lol: am i the only one like this?
like i didn't like the pic on december 30th when i took it, but today i was like "oh cool pic" haha.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
sick shots Alex, I wish I had some baller cars like that to shoot :thumbup:

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

old pic from when my first xti got stolen. posted it up cause i uploaded it to show 89siguyrex the 50mm f1.8 sharpness.

1.60 shutter
f1.8
50mm
unedited

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
50mm is where it's at.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

another one...crop of full res to show 89siguyrex the boobies. haha.
unedited so i know the color is a bit off.

also picked up a Canon 430EX II last night. hurt the pockets but hopefully itll pay off.
have my first nightclub shoot this saturday night.

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i tried it again with the reverse lens set to 18mm (instead of 55mm like i was doing before). WoW! huge difference. unfortunately theres some vignetting now but i hope that once my extension tubes come in the mail that will fix that!

heres what i took today. ever wonder what table salt and pepper look like? lol.

pepper:

table salt:
http://fc77.deviantart.com/fs41/i/2009/015/e/c/Salt_by_Coutts.jpg[/mg]

i used some tin foil to try to reflect some of the flash light back onto the stuff when i was taking the pictures, it seemed to help quite a bit.

abs0Lut

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So here's a pretty noob question but would my 18-55mm VR kit lens be considered wide angle at 18mm? I am wondering because I want that 24-85mm f3.5-5.6g wide angle mainly because it is... wide angle!... and I thought I didn't have one! If my kit lens is wide how much of a difference between the 2 lens' would I see?

Edit: A couple new ones of my bros dragon.

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The only differences would probably be the extra zoom, slower at full zoom than the kit, and maybe a little sharper. But the kit is wider.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
from my phone lol... it was below zero all day today.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why couldnt we get any of that s**t anf

abs0Lut

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Be happy you dont 'get any of that s**t'. It's so bad in the winter time, where I live at least. As soon as I have money ill be outta here like a bat outta hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.