Everyday driving in D3?

sc7

5+ Year Member
i'd say, unless you're cruising on the freeway at 4k rpm then you're putting a lot more stress compared to the overdrive gear which would probably around 2-3K at 60-70mph and wasting quite a little bit more of gas. The only thing you would have to worry about is making sure you maintain the transmission and lets say probably more tranny fluid change intervals and maybe engine too. If gas isn't a problem, get a faster automatic. Maybe a newer accord, maybe a bimmer, a acura tsx?
Well, like I said, when I'm on the freeway, I put it in the overdrive gear. But around town, going max of 45-50, I've been keeping it in D3, and riding at about 2.5-3k.

The difference in a new auto really wouldn't make sense. The extra gas cost really isn't that much more, versus a whole new auto which would be my second car. I'm probably going to sell my RSX and Civic some day, and look into a new automatic TL.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive got the solution. when you dont feel like driving a stick. drive the civic. when you feel like zipping around town. drive the RSX. easy???

sc7

5+ Year Member
ive got the solution. when you dont feel like driving a stick. drive the civic. when you feel like zipping around town. drive the RSX. easy???
But that's the thing. When I feel like driving an auto, I sometimes wish for a little more quickness. That's why I was asking if I can drive in D3, seemingly boosting the Civic performance a bit.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just get NAWZZZZZZZZ if you want to be fast.

Keep it with overdrive.