everyone...meet Taffy...8)

jdmek9r

mRek9R
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turbo95eg6 said:
first off i must say...you should kina refrain from calling your vehicles by a name.....taffy...pepper....eh i dont know....its a bit...kinda girly...

I know what a built motor is (well i have no clue what your point of rambling about import builder blocks and kissing pads of spoon rotors....i hope you cut and pasted that off a article, because its sounds kinda cheesy. What you have "Taffy" does not have a built motor. I know what a built built motor is. With that said, what i mean by built is a car that has extensive modifications done to the exterior/interior and perfrmance. The modifications (most likely aftermarket) are applied or built on top of a vehicle of a stock form. The motor in yoour car is no where near stock, the appearance is not stock. I know you know this.

The reason people start from a stock form is that so he can take pride in what he has achieved... Your old car looks pretty sick, i know that you must taken alot of pride in it. Now what i kind of get from you is if "Taffy" was completely bone stock, you would not have bought it...either you lost that drive from making your cars the way you wanted it to be...you kinda didnt care anymore of achieving satisfaction from driving something you built yourself, as long as it looked good and that its fast. When you buy a car already built like this, people tend to label you as someone who are just trying to get an easy way out, and that you do not believe in having a car that was built with your own money and personality. These days with "the scene" people are quick to label you like this, i know, it sucks. But im sure you arent taking an easy way out, your old car im sure has already made people realize that you have good taste in building cars.

Did you modify the appearance of the car with your own style and personality...? No. Did you spend your hard earned money to have the car the wat it is...? No. Should you get credit for all the work done to the car...? Not really. Anyone couldve bought that car, sure, its a nice car and it not matter who owns it...its a nice looking car. Its also a car you bought with your own money, so it seems like no one should care that it was already built...But, understand that all Im trying to do is to explain the whole concept of this "built not bought" thing. Now please dont tell me you still dont understand my point of view...all im trying to do is explain to you why some people are against buying a car that has already been worked on by another owner...they will not have it any other way than take pride and joy from building from a fresh stock vehicle for and by themselves. The age thing, eh, im not gonna waste my time. BUT, your hobby wouldnt of been a hobby unless there was no "scene".

i get you mang, but what i didnt get was your super negative attitude toward me and the vehicle. Sorry about the "built" thing...i just pieced together parts that came straight off my mind. There really is no extensive exterior and interior, civic si lip + grille; rotas; VIS CF wing. Compare DAP and Taffy, 95% same look. Now how do you not "know the personality"? Sure, there was pride in all that work I did, the only "real" work was the mild rebuilt y8 motor, and the power options from 99-00. The "Scene" was created from the ricers you see in F&F. This "hobby" was before all that crap came out. I got nothing against you bro, but be nice...i know she's not completly stock but hey if could get DAP back damn i'd be on her faster than you can say "JDM". Oh..another thing...remember what i said about shell? yea..i really meant that...cause there's something in my basement that's been waiting two years to breathe..Lastly, the naming thing...IMO it's better to say "taffy" than "the CIVIC". peace 8)

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
word....just do what you do, sorry if my attitude seemed negative, just wanted to get my opinion across.