Everything Zc

Why49

Dat a big wing round eye!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ZC Upgrades

I know people must always ask questions like this and I searched and got no help, but here goes. The ZC is the most bang for my buck right now and I can drive a half hour to pick out any one I want. Don't say why not get a B16? Plain and simple, it is too much and I have no patience. I have two broke ass engines and I can't drive whenever I wan't. The time it would take me to save for a B16 would kill me, it would almost be summer. So I've opted for the ZC.

I've looked at a lot of sites about the ZC, but I never see any numbers. If anyone has a ZC in their 4th gen. please share any information. If it is stock, turbo, supercharged, built, etc. It would be especially nice to know your dyno numbers. I want to know what these things put to the ground. I've heard everything from 125-140 from the ZC, but it probably only puts down 110 to 115 max.

What type of an aftermarket is there for this engine? I've seen pistons and rods. No cranks, cams, cam gears, pulleys. What aftermarket parts from other engines be interchanged into the ZC (yes I have the list of all Honda/Acura OE parts). Thanks.

Oh, btw, Google can eat my ass.

blazinrex

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why49 said:
I know people must always ask questions like this and I searched and got no help, but here goes. The ZC is the most bang for my buck right now and I can drive a half hour to pick out any one I want. Don't say why not get a B16? Plain and simple, it is too much and I have no patience. I have two broke ass engines and I can't drive whenever I wan't. The time it would take me to save for a B16 would kill me, it would almost be summer. So I've opted for the ZC.

I've looked at a lot of sites about the ZC, but I never see any numbers. If anyone has a ZC in their 4th gen. please share any information. If it is stock, turbo, supercharged, built, etc. It would be especially nice to know your dyno numbers. I want to know what these things put to the ground. I've heard everything from 125-140 from the ZC, but it probably only puts down 110 to 115 max.

What type of an aftermarket is there for this engine? I've seen pistons and rods. No cranks, cams, cam gears, pulleys. What aftermarket parts from other engines be interchanged into the ZC (yes I have the list of all Honda/Acura OE parts). Thanks.

Oh, btw, Google can eat my ass.

boost it, i did be smart.

Why49

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That helps... what kind of turbo and what else is done to the engine? Do you have the digits?

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
stock they put down 100hp at teh wheel, on a greddy turbi kit i put down 188hp on 5psi, and a few other mods, i ended up running 10psi, never dyno'd it cause i bent a rod shorty after cranking the boost to 10psi.

getbo0sted

Hybrid Auto Lab
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive got a sohc non vtec zc wtih a z6 head. I ran a 14.2 at the track last wknd which was good for the condition its running. My mods are i/h/e ,jg dynamic pnp , all msd ignition and my beloved vafc-II. So dont over look the sohc. And oh yeah i spend 170 plus the loss of my playstation for everything.

Ithas4wheels

comince to giggl'n
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would say go single cam.........I ,for some reason, have a beloved hate for the ZC ,maybe the week rods, or maybe because it is just left over parts? It makes the same horsepower, and there is no, use a clutch from a 89 prelude, or use 88-9# intrega axles.

Hell, me and about 3 of my friends put one in a CRX hf in about 3 hours, running (that includes pulling the old motor, and going to Taco Bell). They only thing we didn't do that night was wire the vtec. At the track he ran a 9.8@## (thats without the vtec), all we have around here is the 1/8th mile. It has been in the car for almost a year, and still running strong.

IMO, go with the Single cam. You can get them cheeper, there is a ton of aftermarket stuff, and it is always nice to beat a civic si, with a single cam.

=)

Why49

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks, so what is the code for the single cam, how much is it, and where can I get it? Remember, I don't have to pay $250 for shipping, so a deal would be good.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
zc soon, am I on the right track?

So a guy is supposely buying my wheels on saturday giving me about $1300 saved.. so I should have enough to go ahead and start ordering things for my swap.. for you that know more than me, does this look like Im on the right track?

the motor.. dohc zc.. also getting the ZC tranny as well.. and a PG7 ecu.. as soon as I locate one..
http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30020

thats the clutch I think I shall get.. centerforce..
http://www.nopionline.com/nopistore/dsp_part_detail.cfm?vmakeid=140&vmodelid=030&vcatyear=1990&vnopinum=365+1436&vTitle=HONDA CRX 1990

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont see anything wrong with that purchase.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
..yeah and seeing how I have so much saved, Im getting second thoughts.. thinking of saving for a few more months and getting a B16 (SiR I) motor.. err.. >_<.. help?

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was about to say, get a B16 if you have the money. I would if I did.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well Ive got $1300 by saturday.. it would only take me a couple more months.. err..

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah.. but Id need axles, mounts, etc. so I just gotta think about how long it would take.. + trying to figure out how much more headache there is to install..

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It includes mostly everything you should need.

- Motor
- Cable Tranny (Y1, S1, J1)
- ECU (PR3, PW0)
- Axles with Half Shaft
- Shift Linkage*
- Stock Motor Mounts*
- Alternator
- Starter
- Clutch
- Flywheel
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust Manifold
- Fuel Rail
- Injectors
- Distributor
- Engine Harness
- Comes With All Sensors Needed
- LSD Tranny (Optional +$300)

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the mounts are 300 if I get that, and the linkage is 60.. Id need to purchase that as well.. Im not sure if the axles just fit right in.. hmm..

[civic]

Moderfucker
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Really up to you. If you have the cash, buy it. If not, dont.

Someone can probably answer your question about the axle for the crx.

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont have the cash but in time I can get it.. Im really good about saving my money.. being 17, I figure Im good at least.. it'd take me a few months Id figure.. but I dunno if its worth it.. I know theres more potential and in the end I might be more happy.. ahh..

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
forgetting the zc, SiR seems better..

..yeah I think Im gonna just save for a b16 rather than a dohc zc.. I mean, I know I can save it up and I think in the long run Ill be more satisfied.. Im looking at the complete change over from HMO, Ill just need to purchase the mounts, linkage and some axles right? anyclue on how much shipping will be?