Evil Autostyle Electric Vadar Gauge Cluster

masruque

5+ Year Member
i am putting on the EVIL AUTOSTYLE ELECTRIC VADAR SERIES GAUGE CLUSTER on my 98' vic...and i was wondering if anyone knows how to put on the original miles on the new cluster.
http://robearracing.com/pd_evil.cfm
does anyone know anything more about this cluster

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ive never seen one installed. keep in mind they make more than one style and i for one actually like the other style better. i dont think you can manually set the odometer to a desired position

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

masruque

5+ Year Member
yea...this is the one i got...havent installed it in yet...probably tonight
i am wondering if anyone knows anything else about this before i go ahead and install it...
and what abt the odometer....how can i put the original miles on it

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'd just remember the original miles or keep the original odometer just so u know exactly how many miles are on the car.

masruque

5+ Year Member
lol thats not gonna be original though wld it?
cant u actually put it on the new cluster?
i know u can if u switch from oem to jdm or so forth but what about in a oem to digital ?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Really not sure if you can keep the same mileage but keep the original odometer so that you'll know how many miles are on it.

You really need to post up a how-to, if you can, when you install it so that it'll benefit others as well!

masruque

5+ Year Member
i will definitely try to

i am actually gonna try installing it tonight ....if not tommorow morning...
cant wait to see this thing lit and working

96 EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah I have been very curious to see how they look...When you get a chance, post some pics of them uninstalled. I would like to see exactly what you get when you order them. Also take some of them lit up and stuff.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats neat.. take pictures of it installed...

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow I really like that. It's like the STi ones when you start up the needles sweep across and go back...
I'd love one of those but for $260...I don't know.

masruque

5+ Year Member
put it in two nights back...
would have opened a thread of DIY but the instructions in the box is just so precise and so simeple to follow that it was really not worth it....
the thing looks "exactly" the same as the in the pics.

yes 260-280 is a high price for it... but then again...the price speaks it for itself. its highly accurate and quality built. why settle for something lesser?

ummm if anyone has any other questions...feel free to ask me. i will gladly respond.

Solid_Snake

Te mato con mi VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
please post pictures..and what did u do with the mileage? and do the needles light up? sorry for the questions, but the only thing i hate about my car are the gauges..lol

masruque

5+ Year Member
oh feel free to ask any questions.
i will try posting up the pics as soons as i am done with finals...the needles do light up red/reddish orange. the letterings light up white...the fuel and temp. gauges are completely digital so they do not have any needles.
as far as the mileage goes, i havent been able to transfer the original miles but i am going to try get in touch with some technician from a honda delaership or so and figure out if theres a way or not to transfer the miles...