EVO or civic...... they are not racing

civicmand16y7

Registered VIP
do you remember what they were at least? the time difference could be so small it could be due to atmospheric variables or human error
I realy cant remember but I know there not to far off

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I realy cant remember but I know there not to far off
if thats the case, then you can't really give all the credit of the better run to the fact that you were using 93 octane. theres other variables involved.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I know Im able to aford the insurance. But the payment and insurance not to sure. LIke Ive said before I still have research to do. LIke i said before this is one stop in my research. I could find an even better deal if I keep searching
If you are not sure if you can afford it, then I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND you not do it. Do whatever you can to cut down the payments, and then think about it. If that is not possible, then look at something else. Like I said, there are MANY other cars out there, you just have to decide what you want to do with the car. Have you ever driven an EVO MR before?

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
was that insurance quote for basic or full coverage ??? and don't forget about the speeding tickets your probably going to get lol.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this thread picked up quick. hell for 20k you could find a supra? For that price also my friend made an almost 800hp mustang.. there are many other options you can take if your after speed. Audi and bmws are pretty quick and can be found for that range.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I know Im able to aford the insurance. But the payment and insurance not to sure. LIke Ive said before I still have research to do. LIke i said before this is one stop in my research. I could find an even better deal if I keep searching
Lol, dude, if you don't know if you can afford both payment and insurance then picking up the car wouldn't be a wise decision. Like I said before, there's also maintenance costs that'll really put you in the hole IF you can only barely pay off payment/insurance.

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
another thing OP, you must be a terrible driver if you have 150 hp and it took you 17.256 seconds to go 84.27 mph. if you can't even drive a civic, what makes you think you can drive an evo mr?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
**ALL PLEASE READ**

OP has stated that he wants this thread to stay on topic from now on. Deviation from the topic in this thread is no longer allowed. Off topic posts ill be deleted from here on out. Thank you.

sampsas

If it were me I would not get the EVO.. I can get an 85 corvette with 450whp for $7500!! all it needs is a paint job and ready to go....

Jersey8

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea but then again that 85 corvette is going to need alot of maintenance.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
And you can't drive a Corvette in the winter (or I will find and kill you).

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like the evo is a very bad idea right now for you. A car almost cost more than you think it will, and if its iffy now, its a for sure no once you have it. Also one mistake on the road and your insurance will go sky high

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Why is this thread continuing? More than likely, the OP will end up keeping the Civic and nothing is going to happen. If you're not sure if you can afford insurance, yet you've claimed you're doing research, and you still don't know if you can afford the insurance, you can't afford the insurance. Like toneekay has said, it is a high maintenance car compared to the civic.

My brother had an RX-7. He bought it because he wanted a nice fancy car. He loved it. But he didn't realize how much more maintenance he had to perform on it compared to his Civic. Which is exactly the reason why he sold it shortly after. It just got stupid expensive and he finally realized having nice things wasn't what he wanted anymore.

TalonEsi_96

I'd say get the Evo but if you cant afford that then try to find a nice 2g Gsx. they look good and can go fast for cheap.

civicmand16y7

Registered VIP
Dont get me wrong the EVO would be a bad ass car to have. But the Dirt track car is more fun. The race car also is a High mantenace car. Change the oil ever few races pluges and wires to. With the race car I dont have to pay insurance on it. I will put more in to the race car than what the EVO cost over time. I will start a build thread for the race car in the next few day as soon as I get a lil more pics took