exhaust almost touching bumper

Rubixcu7

Not Fittin In...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just got a new bumper and when i instaled the exhaust... (on the original bumper) it touched and melted on there...i tweaked the hangers a lil bit but it was still close... now i have a new bumper and the exhaust is almost touching... is there anyway i can lower it a lil bit so i dont have to worry about melting this new bumper? oh... and tehre it some like... ripples near the exhaust on the bumper wher it looks like it started to warp already... ill post pics asap!

Rubixcu7

Not Fittin In...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok here are some pics... i hope they are helpful!

phuzzit

Phuzzit - jj-
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn mine touches and its aftermarket rice trash and it hasnt melted at all yet - benn on there awhile too.
i would suggest going and getting some good wire and jimmy rigging the hangers to sit lower. yes its ghetto but itll work unless you can find bigger hanger rubbers (sorry tired right word not coming out).
now to think - like i said very tired - a friend did tell me once he fixed that problem by getting the hanger rubbers from a after market 4x4 truck store. lol sorry for the long drawn out answer - hope that helps.

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just go to an auto store and get longer hangers. Or spend the money and have the muffler shop fix the problem for ya.

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
same problem on my hatch.......

Rubixcu7

Not Fittin In...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think ill just got get longer rubbers... cuz i need longer ones... lol... so just 2 for the muffler hangers correct?

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Depends on the car and the install......mine only has one. Get two and if you don't need the other one just take it back.

slmdcivic95

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The problem is not with the hangers, it is because the muffler tip does not go past the bumper.
So when you are driving the heat from the exhaust goes right against the bumper instead of
past it. The best thing to do would be see if a muffler shop could extend the mufflet so that it
will be just past the end of the bumper.

CRX_dude

copyright 2006 omgwtflol
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when i got my exhaust, it did the same thing, it was acually touching the bumper, melted and got gewy crap on the exhaust. but that comes off after a while.

KoketsuCivicSi

MySpace Whore!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when i got my kit, my muffler was vibrating on the rear lip. i took it to a muffler shop and had longer hangers welded onto the stock hangers

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can put some kind of material around the place where your exhaust is warping or adjust the hangars.