Exhaust help

tylorm1996

Banned
So I just bought this civic, and it turns out the person who owned it before me likes terrible sounds. He drilled holes into the muffler and several other spots on the piping. I welded the piping but I need a new muffler. Is there a kinda cheap one I can get put still gives it good sound?
PS: I dont like pure engine sound I like to hear some exhaust

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
magnaflow oval muffler or a factory VW VR6 muffler

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I thought what a crock of s**t, but a good friend of mine whos a VW nut suggested one for me for my truck and even hooked it up for free since it was laying around in his shop. I ditched everything except 1 cat in my truck, and the VR6 mufflers are a straight through, glass pack type oval muffler. Even ditching the factory muffler, 1 cat, and a resonator, my truck is still nearly stock quiet unless i get on it. Even then it has a nice tone to it for a v6 Tacoma with exhaust, where as most exhaust i hear on those trucks sound worse than ebay fart cans on civics.

They also sound really good on at least a b18 as we've got a couple friends (1 with a gsr, 1 with an ls) that run the mufflers and they've got a nice tone to them.

tylorm1996

Banned
Alright well my engine destroyed its self yesterday... A spun rod bearing. It happened right after i took it to a mechanic and he said it was alright to drive for a while hahahaha. so now im looking for a d16y7 w/ auto transmission

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
d16y7 a/t?? :smackself

why not splurge and do a b swap? get a ls or something

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im looking for a d16y7 w/ auto transmission
D16Y7 = fail
Auto = fail

D16Y7 + Auto when choosing an engine/tranny = WTF?

At least get vtec in the swap... the Y8 costs barely more than the Y7.

tylorm1996

Banned
Yeah but see i dont have the money for all of this. I already have the transmission but I have about 300 dollars left to spend. Im getting a used engine. I do plan on 5 speed conversion and a B20 engine swap but I just dont have the money for it right now and I need the car like right now