Exhaust Installation Help

kelleher014

5+ Year Member
HEY DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH IT WOULD COST TO GET AN EXHAUST SYSTEM PUT IN IF I ALREADY HAVE THE SYSTEM

OR IS IT EASY TO DO YOURSELF?

THATS EVERYTHING RIGHT THERE

PLEASE LET ME KNOW...KINDA NEW AT THIS STUFF

honda_power

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
don't pay for something you can do. it's so easy to do. no header?

honda_power

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how easy? to put that whole thing in?
i did mine and it took me about1 and half an hr. now if you have someone else help you it should be less time. ohh and just so you know they charge about 250$$ to put it in(at a muffler shop)

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah. Do it yourself. It is not all that hard. The hardest part is getting the old one off if it is rusted on. all you need is a jack, stands, sockets, ratchet, breaker bar or wrenches and maybe some PB Blaster (eats through rust).

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
your going to need 4 jack stands.. so you can stand up your car on all sides, unless you got a lift.. then pretty much its just a bolt on sooo just unbolt original, and bolt on the new one..

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You don't NEED 4. It would make it a bit easier. If you only have 2 just jack up the passengar side.

honda_power

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i did mine without the jackstands(did not have one)maybe that's why it took me almost 2hrs? but i did it myself and it was easy. only hard part was taking the old cat off. it was like the bolts melted!:D

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
how did you keep the car up in the air?

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Thats not safe at all...

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i did mine and it took me about1 and half an hr. now if you have someone else help you it should be less time. ohh and just so you know they charge about 250$$ to put it in(at a muffler shop)
$250 !?! no way, thats being ripped a new one

just do it yourself, the hardest part will be getting the old exhaust off, some of the bolts are rusted to hell. We had to cut some of mine to get it off :what:

good luck :thumbup:

2.0si007

5+ Year Member
aahhh the apexi gt spec great choice only if you got lots of fire power but if not very loud but sound very good

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
do it yourself man. i did it myself, just make sure you got the tools. sockets and a safe way to lift the car up, and yeah get some wd-40 or that blaster s**t.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
unless your a small guy...you will need to lift the car up pretty high. i am not a small dude and i hate getting under my car. thats the only real pain. other than frozen bolts. to putting an exhaust on. you might need to remove the rear pass tire tho...it makes for easier acess