Exhaust Question

JDvorsky96Si

Hey all, just wanting some help in picking an exhaust for my civic. I have a 1996 Canadian Si (D16Y8, Completely stock) and I was looking at either getting a GReddy, Apex'i or Yonaka Cat back exhaust.

I want a nice deep throaty tone that doesnt turn into a lawn mower at higher RPMs. I've been all over youtube looking at clips and searched the forums but theres not a lot of recent stuff out there. If you have any clips of your setup or recommendations for exhaust please post them!!

Thanks in advance,

-Jdvorsky

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Apexi WS2 or Yonaka will get you what you want. I don't have any vids but I have the yonaka on my b16 and its not raspy or buzzing at any rpm.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yonaka is just an APEXi knock off so they are going to sound similar, the APEXi one should last longer though. As far as GReddy goes, it depends on which style you are looking at.

JDvorsky96Si

Thanks for the input guys, I ended up going with the Yonaka to start, seeing as its my DD and I live in a quiet neighbourhood I'd rather not piss my neighbours off at 7am haha!

Next step will be lowering it !

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I will always long for the RSR ExMag. Even quieter.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
Mugen Twinloop :D

Otherwise a Greddy Evo2 is nice and deep. The WS2 is a great sounding exhaust but not super deep.

HiddenNshadows

I couldn't find the link but someone posted a thread awhile back that had every exhaust for 96-00 civics, catbacks, axel backs & just mufflers & had a sound clip of each one, You search for that it may help. Personal opinion, Ive got a 3 in megen racing cat back on my car(same is yours cept im doing a swap) its very deep & throaty but does get a bit raspy at high rpms otherwise sounds great, a bit loud but controlled. Since I don't need 3 in & I don't like the look of how it sits with my lip im going to go for apex or Yo WS2 style. Stay away from tanabe, they get really rasphy, or used to & don't ignore some cheaper brands if sound is your main goal, Ive seen a sohc hatch with flow masters & magnaflow & I was pretty impressed.