exhaust questions

bmac9269

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was wondering what i can do to make my exhaust sound lower and a little louder. iv read people taking there resonator off but is that hard to do? i dont really have the money for an exhaust right now

Z3R)

5+ Year Member
if you dont have money for an exhaust then wait until you do. if you do anything to the stock exhaust it will sound like chit and ricey.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Save money until you can get an Apexi WS2, until then dont bother trying to tweak it.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was wondering what i can do to make my exhaust sound lower and a little louder. iv read people taking there resonator off but is that hard to do? i dont really have the money for an exhaust right now
I don't think there's a resonator in the stock exhaust... even if there was, it would require welding to remove it.

Z3R)

5+ Year Member
there is a resonator on the stock exhaust and taking it off makes the car sound raspy.

whoopnip

Some Delicious Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
there is a resonator on the stock exhaust and taking it off makes the car sound raspy.
Ah, ok. I ditched my stock exhaust a while ago, so I didn't remember to well. :lol:

But yes, removing a resonator would be impractical and produce an undesirable sound.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
click my garage and youll see a youtube link.. then u can listen to my exhaust

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you do that, you;ll just make it louder. You need bigger piping with a decent muffler to make that deep nice tone.